Dragging feet at takeoff

donkason

I've noticed this more and more over the past few years and I don't understand. I see people leave a stoplight and drag their feet until they have to pick then up to shift. I don't see a particular group do it any more than others.

Is this a preference for riders or a sign of a McSquidworth coming down the pike?

To me I'd rather be in position as early as possible, except for the occasional leg stretch. I also keep my feet up as long as I can when coming to a stop. It's kind of a balance game I play for fun.

Let me know folks!

I have noticed this as well on a few riders lately. Maybe it was the way I was taught to ride, but I have to think about keeping my foot down. My automatic reaction is to pull it up to the pegs as soon as the bike starts moving. I'm partially afraid I'll catch my foot on the ground and pull it back into the foot peg and break my ankle. If my foot is up on the peg, that can't happen.

I clean my sandals off this way. :)

Pfffft sandals are for racers. They make my feet sweat so I go barefoot.

My toes are like aerodynamic little torpedoes when I'm slapping the rev limiter in 2nd gear at the Walmart parking lot.

I have noticed this as well on a few riders lately. Maybe it was the way I was taught to ride, but I have to think about keeping my foot down. My automatic reaction is to pull it up to the pegs as soon as the bike starts moving. I'm partially afraid I'll catch my foot on the ground and pull it back into the foot peg and break my ankle. If my foot is up on the peg, that can't happen.

I keep my feet behind my pegs when I do that.

sport standard crew hollaaaaaaaaaaa