Thinking about selling my 2006 VFRABS

bandit

SOLD SOLD SOLD. I am upside down on this bike, and I know it. I owe over $6000 and that is right in between KBB and NADA retail values. Still, gotta see if anyone might want to help me out here. Color is metallic black. The bike is clean but not perfect, a small scuff on upper right fairing (not from a drop since everything else on that side is perfect.) It has LSL handlebar kit installed and I still have the stock clip-ons. Tires are Bridgestone Battlax BT020's, front excellent, rear 60%ish. It runs really well and I regularly get 40 mpg while commuting and avoiding too much time in VTEC. Miles are just past 17k but I am riding so it's going up regularly. I'd probably take $5000. Thanks.

Edited by bandit

I'd consider just holding on to it because you're gonna get frustrated with the low balls coming at you unless you find someone desperate for one with too much cash. Mine has half the miles and more mods and I think I'd be lucky to get $5400 out of it

I love love love the VFR and honestly wouldn't sell mine for under 8k simply because I don't wanna sell it but thats the number that would pry it out of my hands!

Ya, I know. There is a market for this version, but there are an awful lot of them out there. No matter what the books say about value, most of the potential buyers would be looking for a deal, not necessarily a viffer. I won't be offended by lowballers, they'll just be ignored.

I like twins, the SV was my first love. But I have to admit that I have a one track mind about this bike's replacement. It can be anything, as long a it's a 2012 Aprilia Tuono. I man no offense, it's just that a trade with cash won't help me at this point. I need an outright buyer in order to make a real move.

I understand completely Crazy. That's what I am doing with this post- dreaming a little. Kenny, I haven't been on that damn Tuono yet, I just KNOW what is going to happen when I get on it. I'll forget all my obligations for it!

If my class doesn't run too long I may try to pry the keys out of Lenny's hands tomorrow. He won't want to let me take it out because he knows that I'll be trying to convince him to put way too much money into my bike so I can buy the Aprilia.

• 4 months later...

This is resurrected because I am in love with the old, black, purple and pink 94 CBR F2 I just bought. Man, that bike is so fun. I have every reason to believe that this VFR will be ignored in my garage. I still owe lots on it and will still take a loss, and I can still afford it, so no desperate need to sell, but if someone wants this I am comfortable selling it now. Thanks guys.

• 2 weeks later...