Chicago Riders coming to Ohio 4/11 - 4/12

Casper

A few of the guys from Chicago Riders and I are trying to put together a weekend ride through Southeastern Ohio / West Virginia for the weekend of April 11th and 12th. I just wanted to post this up now so you all can start planning for it if you are interested in joining. More details to come as we get shit figured out. If you have suggestions for routes, destinations, etc post them up.

Chicago Riders post is here: http://www.chicagoriders.com/forumVB/showthread.php?t=71040

I wouldn't expect too many of them to actually show up - it's a pretty far hike from Chicago. Might be too far for a weekend ride.

I live in Indy, so crusing over will be no problem at all for me.

I'll probably be game pending weather conditions, etc. I vote camping, i cant afford sleepin' in hotels like you pansies! jk :p

I'm a huuuuuge pussy so I'll be in a hotel someplace. Laying in my nice, clean bed in air conditioned comfort while watching TV just after a nice hot shower.:D

I was thinking this was going to be mid may or june.

April will be very iffy.

Very true. Could be snowing or it could be 80 degrees and sunny. Just have to wait until it gets closer and see.

As far as the Chicago Rider's group goes, it's looking like a no show. Not one of them has expressed any interest in going. So I may be the sole CR person there.

They tend to do mostly city ridingand a track day every now and then - that's about it.

But if the weather's good, I'm still in.

Eric

As far as the Chicago Rider's group goes, it's looking like a no show. Not one of them has expressed any interest in going. So I may be the sole CR person there.

They tend to do mostly city ridingand a track day every now and then - that's about it.

But if the weather's good, I'm still in.

Eric

Those bastards!!!

Oh well. By the way, I went to Stonehouse Ale or whatever its called Friday night. That place was awesome. The food was great. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Those bastards!!!

Oh well. By the way, I went to Stonehouse Ale or whatever its called Friday night. That place was awesome. The food was great. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

More importantly, how was the beer?

I'll definitely be in Chicago on the 26th - see you there.

I'm a huuuuuge pussy so I'll be in a hotel someplace. Laying in my nice, clean bed in air conditioned comfort while watching TV just after a nice hot shower.:D

Ditto to that... When we went to Deal's Gap staying at a hotel was a must.

• 4 weeks later...

This ride is pretty much off - weather will really blow this weekend as it'll be both cold and wet. At least we tried.

It's been in the 80's in Tennessee recently, hopefully that kind of weather will hold out for the April 25th ride down there.

Eric