I Got Hit By A Car!!

playerpro153

At 5:45 I got rear ended by a car on the corner of woodruff and high street. I was stopped at the light when it just turned red and he was busy checking his mirror when he hit me.

So far, the accident report was filed and my bike is pretty messed up. (pictures later). At least I was wearing ALL my gear so injuries are smaller. Anybody know of a good lawyer in Columbus?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 5:45 I got rear ended by a car on the corner of woodruff and high street. I was stopped at the light when it just turned red and he was busy checking his mirror when he hit me.

So far, the accident report was filed and my bike is pretty messed up. (pictures later). At least I was wearing ALL my gear so injuries are smaller. Anybody know of a good lawyer in Columbus?

Somebody's getting a new bike this year.... :D

Seriously though, glad you weren't hurt. Sucks the bike is fucked up, but lawyer up and sue that fucker. Make him think twice next time he thinks about looking in the mirror.

I was in cincinnati this morning and came back up in the afternoon to meet up with an old friend who just got a new R1. I just hope this all gets solved soon so I'm back on the road. Thing is, if I got a new bike, it would have the exact replica of what I just totaled. I bought it new last year and built it up to what it is. None of the '08 bikes appeal to me so I'll have to see how this plays out. Maybe another new '07 and start over with the mods. I fucking hate the time it takes to do all this work though.

....wow....the season starts........ :(

now that you say that a goldwing rider got creamed in coshocton two nights ago, the cowardly bastard(s) that hit him fled the scene too. they landed life flight right in town for the old guy in a vacant parking lot too...

Glad to hear you're OK. I went through this exact same thing last year...got rear ended making a right hand turn. Bike had about $8000 in damage. I put it back together myself. Tennager on a cell phone not paying attention. Thank god i was geared up. I got ejected and hit the ground head first. Never saw it coming.

I was in cincinnati this morning and came back up in the afternoon to meet up with an old friend who just got a new R1. I just hope this all gets solved soon so I'm back on the road. Thing is, if I got a new bike, it would have the exact replica of what I just totaled. I bought it new last year and built it up to what it is. None of the '08 bikes appeal to me so I'll have to see how this plays out. Maybe another new '07 and start over with the mods. I fucking hate the time it takes to do all this work though.

Good luck with the mods you only get about 1/2 of what they cost back...

I had 98 CBR 900 with $20k in aftermarket parts/work not including the bike, I got $10k for the bike from insurance....

Thanks all for looking out for a brother. I purchased the bike brand new last may and modified it since then. Fortunately I have all reciepts for my purchases. All I am asking from his insurance company is compensation to cover all damages on the bike, more so if it is totaled. I'm not about to settle for a "I'm sorry, but here's a check for it's depreciated value" bullshit. That same model is still for sale on the showroom floor at nearly every honda dealer. Why should I pay the price if it was clearly documented, with witnesses, that I was at zero fault. This is what I get for actually stopping for the red light.