Clinton Cty Motorsports - Yamaha Demo Days

ScubaCinci

I'm heading up there Sat morning unless the weather is going foul. Never been to one of these events before...how early do you have to get there to sign up? It starts on Fri but I can't make it that day - are the sign-ups for the whole event on Friday or do they occur each day?

Anyone else interested in going?

I am planning to go too. I was planning to be there right at 9am. I believe that is when sign up starts. I have never been to there demo ride days either. I spoke to a guy who works there just the other day about some other things and he mentioned how well a production Yamaha makes it. They bring the bikes from the factory for test riding. I am looking forward to test riding the FZ8, R1, Raider, FZ6R and maybe the R6. The guy said that what happens on the road is between you and the police. LOL

CCM is a nice place and has expanded in the last few years. Other dealers take notice, CCM knows how to treat customers and put on events to encourage the riding community...not just to sell bikes. They are the true class act.

Yes, I am hoping it doesn't turn into a wash...although the weather stations are seemingly for sure it will rain Thursday night and Friday morning. I am hoping it clears up for Saturday though.

I will probably be riding my VTX, rather than my CRF450X SM which I was hoping to have done before the weekend. Arghhhhhh

Edited by OhioBob

I would have enjoyed the demo day, but we'll be at the races all wkend. Really want to try out the new crossplane cranked R1 just for gits and shiggles, but I'd probably get hooked and then have a new bike payment to remind me how stupid I can be :D

Went to Gover Harley a couple years ago to try out the 1125R's they were demo'ing, but it was cancelled due to WIND......seriously......it was whippin about 20-30mph that day but we rode out there just to try 'em out and they wouldnt let anyone ride! We werent happy so the salesguy threw us a few Buell brand bikelocks so I guess it wasnt a total loss

That's cool. I am taking off tomorrow to head up there instead of Saturday. Hoping for decent weather. I want to try out the R1 too, but concerned i will end up bringing one home with me. LOL

Scuba, congrats on the addition. I am finishing up my supermoto CRF450X. Hoping to have it completed by next week. I am dying to ride the thing.

Supermoto for the win...ALWAYS!!!

If you don't believe me...check out Youtube videos. Video doesn't lie. :bow:

OK, so I did the CCM Demo Days on Friday and it was a great time. Only downside was you could only do 3 rides per day. I liked the fact that there were plenty of different bikes to demo. Also, liked the fact that I could ride and not deal with any nagging/annoying sale people. They all were laxed and just hanging out.

I finally got to test ride a FZ1 which I have always wanted to for years. I noticed the motor was a bit buzzy. Then tried the FZ8, which felt noticeably lighter/smaller than the FZ1 but didn't seem to have the grunt like the FZ1 did. Lastly, I tried the 2011 R1, which comes with traction control. Love that motor. Man, that thing is addicting. I am glad I don't own a sportbike, I would be in jail by now. LOL

All in all a great day off from work.

As for the CRFx, no biggie, just replace the valves with Kibblewhite stainless steel ones and presto a great reliable machine...I mean after all it is a Honda. :-)

Edited by OhioBob

I was there Friday too. I tried out the R1, FJR1300 and the FZ1. I didn't care for the R1 at all. I expected the motor to be more like the FZ1, and I guess I'm just getting too old now for that aggressive of a rider position. The FJR was cool for what it is. I wouldn't mind having one for long rides. Of course my favorite was the FZ1, I wanted to see the difference between the Gen I and Gen II. I like the Gen II better and someday hope to get one. Do you know if they still had it on Saturday? I was going to go back but I don't do wet weather riding. I really wanted to try out the FZ8 and the Vmax.

Never been to one of these events before...how early do you have to get there to sign up?

You never know, depends how busy it is. So get there when they open and get signed up if you want to be sure to get your ride.

Not sure if they had it Saturday. I didn't go for the same reasons. I too agree about the agressive riding position of sportbikes, but the motor was the part I was wanting to check out. Besides get some handlebars and risers and turn that sportbike into a super-naked / touring bike. That is what I would do to any modern sportbike. The best of both worlds.

I wanted to try the VMax, as well. The FZ1 Gen II has always been on my short list. Especially, if I could turn it into a FZ1N. Look it up...it is big in Europe. Love the look of the FZ1N.

I will definitely being attending next year for sure. I will try to have my OhioRiders tag (OhioBob) stuck somewhere next year to make sure I run into any of you on here out there.

OhioBob