Flames Shoot Hundreds Of Feet In Air After Train Derails, Explodes

namtugeoj

Is this serious advice you've had to give before?

You would be surprised how uncommon common sense is. I had to ask a guy to leave my load rack area cuz he was trying to light a cigarette. 1400 gallons of gas and 1200 gallons of diesel fuel will make a sweet light show.

Is this serious advice you've had to give before?

Um yes. Stupid people have no bounds. And yes, the 2 injuries in this one, they got injured because they ran towards the derailment then the explosion said "tag you're it". Seriously, that's how they got hurt.

You would be surprised how uncommon common sense is. I had to ask a guy to leave my load rack area cuz he was trying to light a cigarette. 1400 gallons of gas and 1200 gallons of diesel fuel will make a sweet light show.

Passed you standing on the rack with two trucks lined up about 815 this morn

If anyone is caused any undue stress from the evacuation, or needs to be sent to the hospital for any breathing issues...get a lawyer. Railroad pockets run DEEP, and they cut checks fast to risk further lawsuits...just an fyi.

Edited by BadTrainDriver

I used to deliver ice, while at one of my regular stops the fuel truck was dropping gas and smoking a cig. Not only was he smoking, but he was covered in burns from a previous burn incident caused by him smoking while dropping his load. I witnessed another one of their trucks drive up onto the bed of a s10 pickup in the parking lot.

We carry reference books, and paperwork about the specific train were on to give to first responders about how to deal with the situation at hand.

When I say how to deal...I mean how far to run, and how fast. Literally.

Nothing in the paperwork says to run towards it.

The cars that blew up and are on fire aren't really very dangerous compared to some things we haul, and how bad it could have been.

A few years ago, CSX had a derailment in New York that burned for over a week. There was no way to put it out.

Thankfully it was pretty much in the middle of nowhere...