Mid Ohio looking for a title sponsor for next year's superbike races....

Casper

I can't believe this is a surprise to the track. How many years has it been since anyone raced a Honda superbike?

Jordan Szoke did a couple of years back, but Honda wasn't "in the series" even then.

I believe a few Hondas raced super sport over the last few years, but none in Daytona sport bike.

I can't imagine them wanting partners contributing less than $25k. But it would take someone to find out for sure. We have enough members that it would take only a small contribution from each of us to really drop a large amount on them.

You'll not even touch it with $50k, guys. Come on, now... It isn't a cheap entry otherwise, you'd have local people paying for a name.

It has been Honda since they were originally the official brand sponsoring the track. Now, they do only the car stuff... I think they would like to see Honda doing everything again and there migt be a push towards that which makes sense. But as with anything right now, it is tough to get the marketing budget to get that kind of cash to support a track like Mid-O or anyone.

All I know is that I am trying to promote KTM to do the official sponsorship and it has been tough with our budget being so tight with numerous other things going on this year.

But, I am trying... The mid-O guys are awesome and I want to be a part of that culture and that track. The people are great and the facility is definately a destination track whether for car races, bike races or track days. People want to ride/drive that track as it is a VERY popular place...

I could race, but I want all the new novice guys to take themselves out during starts and red flags so I don't have any worries. :wtf:

so what you're saying is, you just don't want your spirits crushed every time you get lapped by your old bike and a mangled up POS honda?

ie, over and over and over again?

so what you're saying is, you just don't want your spirits crushed every time you get lapped by your old bike and a mangled up POS honda?

ie, over and over and over again?

Didn't Nelly write a song about r1crusher getting passed over and over again? It hurts so baaad.

i only make hurtful comments cause he makes such hurtful comments and it's just a defense mechanism to cover for my own inadequacies on the track and bed.

let's hug it out, gaiz

^^^^ this^^^^ Btw you working over in the Hmc garage again this year?

Nah. not even sure I am even going this year. I got so much shit to get done and been on the road for several weeks...

I will be over there talking to th boys and getting as much info as I can!:D

Let's be honest - title sponsorship is a pretty big undertaking and bit outside of our wheelhouse. Let's stick with something attainable and that the community is more familiar with.

Coming soon to Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course: The Ohio-Riders.net Wiener Stand.

i think this whole thing was pretty tongue in cheek.

i do think an OR racing team is a grand idear. it just so happens a few of us are finally cobbling together a 3 hour endurance team. plastics are about to be painted, prospective sponsors... you still have time to get it done to your liking (otherwise, it's going to be the most hideous yerrow bike you've ever lost your vision to)

lolololol