Got Storm wood?

buildit

So just what do you do with those big logs from trees brought down in the storm?

prep.jpg

boards.jpg

Now I just got to figure out what to build that requires no skill. :lol: Would love to have the skill to build a shooting bench.

I cut it. All you need is one sharp chain saw. I'll rework a lot of it on the table saw to make 2x2 size or 3x1 strips. Some of te shorter stuff could be used as is for a table top or bench.

So aside from making tables and stands for the new rifle range out back I also made a new bowl riser for my dobermans food bowl. At 11yo he is in great shape but has his aches and pains so that getting the food off the floor was desirable. All from storm wood except for the plywood sheet I used on top.

dogfoodbowlriser.jpg

Crafty. And economical use of some free timber. Did you watch "Mountain Men" or have you always been this handy? :D

Too cheap for cable. I'm a professional tinkerer. :D Here's some of the other things the storm wood had become.

rifelbasewmarlin60.jpg

stage3.jpg

pistoltargetside.jpg

Edited by buildit