Mass Media witch hunt begins in wake of Aurora!

smashweights

Sad, but oh so predictable.

Sadder, some political pundits are so desperate to prove a point that doesn't exist yet, that they step into a situation that points back at themselves. I mean blindly claiming a perpetrator belongs to some opponent party, only to find out that it's one of their own party. The old "look before you leap" which doesn't seem to be too effective anymore.

Saddest, it won't make any difference to some that believe whatever the hell they want anyway, and will just make it up as they go along. And those that will believe them.

edit: And just noticed that the Tea Party Jim Holmes just posted on the Tea Party webpage, pointing out he's not the shooter. No thanks to Brian Ross reporting trash talk.

"I'm not the droid you're looking for."

Edited by ReconRat

I don't know, but ever since schools started treating kids like little pussies we are seeing more of these little dip shits turn into mass murderers.

Excuse me, but as an educator it is not my responsibility to raise your kids and teach them right from wrong. That is your job. And we would appreciate it you would start doing it.

My job is to educate them, which is pretty hard to do when you don't teach them any manners or respect. And when we do try and hold them accountable you show up screaming and threatening us with lawyers.

Excuse me, but as an educator it is not my responsibility to raise your kids and teach them right from wrong. That is your job. And we would appreciate it you would start doing it.

My job is to educate them, which is pretty hard to do when you don't teach them any manners or respect. And when we do try and hold them accountable you show up screaming and threatening us with lawyers.

Not the teachers at fault, it is the pussy boardmembers and school administrators giving in to piece of shit parents. But you are 100% correct, it all starts at home.;)

Not the teachers at fault, it is the pussy boardmembers and school administrators giving in to piece of shit parents. But you are 100% correct, it all starts at home.;)

Give in? How exactly are they giving in and what would you have them do differently?

Give in? How exactly are they giving in and what would you have them do differently?

My Father was in education for 40 years, and for the majority of that time he was a high school principal and a Superintendent. He personally put some smoke on allot of kids ass with the real "board of education", ran the school like it should be run instead of letting the kids run it, and rarely ever suspended kids and almost never expelled. Of course everyone can sue for everything and anything now, so that in itself is a huge issue "spineless management let it get to this point IMHO". Kids today are a bunch of punk asses, and their parents are allot to blame for that. But I grew up when kids were allowed to stand up for themselves without real consequences, teachers and principals knew who the good kids were. Kids now can't defend themselves against bullies without themselves getting into trouble, and that sure isn't how I remember things. Taking out all the soda and snacks is ridiculous, as is the so called healthy slop that many schools are trying to pass as food. You are a saint for still being a teacher, and I know you have seen allot of negative changes over the years. Times are tough for many people right now, and the public schools are right in the cross-hairs. Our state does a very poor job of helping fund the schools, so the majority of that funding ends up on we the taxpayers. So I reckon my point is that nobody except for the lawyers and state/local governments have all the power.......and we see how that is all working out.:rolleyes:

My son is going to be a Junior, we live in a nice community with top schools.......and he can't wait to graduate so he can get the hell out of there.

Edited by Pokey

My Father was in education for 40 years......

Read your post again, It is a very good description of the problem but nothing in it is the fault of the administrators. Their hands are tired by the lawyers, the parents and they politicians. That was the point I was making. The original claim that all this was somehow the fault of the schools was BS. Then it became the fault of school administration, also BS.

For the record I didn't mean to imply I am a teacher, I am low level admin but I consider all of us educators.

I'm talking about all the sissy shit like no one loses at a game, all that kind of crap I hear about schools have started doing.

you know what makes a kid learn about dealing with losing and being picked on? losing and being picked on.

until schools started all this you rarely had kids going around killing other kids. they fought with their fists after school or during. sheltering a child does more harm than good.

you know how many girls I know that were sheltered and turn into a frigging wild drug taking whore after they went to college? way more than the girls with parents that let them have a little space here and there.

this sissy ass mentality all these new age teachers and parents have are causing kids to snap. they don't know how to deal with being part of society. they're used to you guys stopping people from picking at them. so when you're not there to protect them they don't know what to do.

this is just my observation and opinion.

Edited by serpentracer

Read your post again, It is a very good description of the problem but nothing in it is the fault of the administrators. Their hands are tired by the lawyers, the parents and they politicians. That was the point I was making. The original claim that all this was somehow the fault of the schools was BS. Then it became the fault of school administration, also BS.

For the record I didn't mean to imply I am a teacher, I am low level admin but I consider all of us educators.

Gotcha.;)

I'm talking about all the sissy shit like no one loses at a game, all that kind of crap I hear about schools have started doing.

you know what makes a kid learn about dealing with losing and being picked on? losing and being picked on.

Then we get sued to hell and back. And Mentor is going to lose this case, big time.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/09/5_student_suicides_put_focus_o.html

Ok, whats your next reason for blaming us. I will be happy to shoot that one down too.

Liberals engage in phony, histrionic outrage!?!?!? That's new.

:werd:

If only they would follow the examples set by conservatives...:rolleyes:

American Family Association News Director Blames Mass Shooting on ACLU, Gays, Liberal Churches

http://gawker.com/5927974/american-family-association-news-director-blames-mass-shooting-on-aclu-gays-liberal-churches

Then we get sued to hell and back. And Mentor is going to lose this case, big time.

http://blog.cleveland.com/metro/2010/09/5_student_suicides_put_focus_o.html

Ok, whats your next reason for blaming us. I will be happy to shoot that one down too.

mmm how about put a stop to frivolous lawsuits? I guess that will never happen when money is involved. but that is another discussion. parents are just looking for vindication. period. and it should not be allowed to happen. the school is not responsible. for christ sakes these people were in high school. yeah it's rough in high school I remember my moments too. guess what, boy, girl, cute, ugly we all got teased. how did we deal with it without all the asinine "bullying programs" in place?

I'm sorry but you can make all the excuses you like but the fact is the pussification of students is a real thing in modern classrooms. more and more of this is going to keep happening because all you're doing is teaching kids to keep it bottled up. not just learn how to deal with it. if that means a good ol fashioned fist fight let them have at it. 90% of the fights I got into I became friends with the person.

imagine that....

Edited by serpentracer

Going to agree with serpentracer. High school seemed to work better when kids were kids and fought it out. Maybe the schools should just grab them and toss them into a boxing ring. Force them to fight. It would be a lot more fun, anyway.

Going to agree with Tonik also. Something is missing at home. Basic training in behavior.

Edited by ReconRat

Going to agree with serpentracer. High school seemed to work better when kids were kids and fought it out. Maybe the schools should just grab them and toss them into a boxing ring. Force them to fight. It would be a lot more fun, anyway.

I don't disagree with that either.

My point is that we at the School District CANT allow that to happen. We will get the shit sued out of us and we will lose our jobs. And very possibly face criminal child endangering charges. Those are the facts. That is the reality that schools face today.

I am saying blaming us because the courts, the lawyers and the parents and the politicians tie our hands is BS. If we could do the above, it certainly would be part of the solution to a lot of problems.

BUT WE CANT DO THAT. If you don't give us the authority to make the decisions you can't hold us responsible.

i once had this kid who was always trying to talk shit and pick on me at school....finally my teacher had enough and took us both into his office that didnt have any windows, he pushed his desk aside and put us in opposite corners and told us to fight it out....i walked to the center of the room, the other kid bitched out and wouldnt move....never had another problem after that, never heard a single word from the kid....and this was in 2005.....letting kids fight stuff out really does fix problems...now a days people bully others because they know they are protected by the schools...they have no consequences for their actions

blaming the schools is ridiculous though. if a school doesnt do all these pussification programs, they will get sued by all these nancy-ass parents who think their kids need to be carried around on a pillow.

i had a kid once who picked a fight with me, i punched him in the jaw, and next thing i know his mom is calling the school threatening to press charges.....really? maybe he shouldnt have been running his mouth....

parents in this society are a fucking joke. not the schools.

I vote for a year without lawyers. Maybe we'll have duels instead. Doesn't have to be fatal. Try to find our missing Honor. It's around here somewhere...

How about we keep the lawyers and make them duel, to the death of course.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...