the ogre speaks on Colorado

kawi kid

Goddammit, I have heard this all way too much. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, hence the right to self defense. That is what i have to say about that.

Second, go read the Federalist Papers if you want to know about the 2nd amendment, it was less about the British or any other country than it was about controlling and having the means to control our Government. Read John Locke, Ben Franklin, Etc, these are all still relevant as much as people want to say they are not in this day in age. I truly and honestly want to believe that it is not necessary to have the means to defend yourself, but it is. The people that keep talking about banning firearms and limiting them and monitoring them closely are the same people that were against the Patriot Act saying that it was an invasion of privacy and rights. Personally I was for the act back in the day to feel more secure, but I was wrong.

Fear is the most powerful tool anyone can wield, soon enough people will be trading their rights and privacy "for the better good" and the will of the fearful and ignorant masses and the government. The 2nd Amendment is to keep Jefferson's quote a reality "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty"

• Upvote 1

deciding whether or not we "should" is fine. We could argue over the merits of removing guns from a peaceful society all day long... It seemed more in your post that you were saying "it's too hard, we could never get that done, it would be a big mess"

IF the majority of people wanted it then yes it could probably be done. However this is not the case. And yes it would be a big mess.

I posted that in another thread. When i get to my desktop i'll post a link.

Cliffs: The higher US gun homicide rate is balanced out but the higher UK non-gun homicide rate.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

The 2nd Amendment is to keep Jefferson's quote a reality "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty"

If you believe the government fears your gun, you either severely overestimate your gun, or you severely underestimate the US military...

unless you've invested 700billion dollars/yr in research/deveopment and supplies, I think you probably don't have the means to protect yourself if the united states decides you are a threat to national security.

If you believe the government fears your gun, you either severely overestimate your gun, or you severely underestimate the US military...

unless you've invested 700billion dollars/yr in research/deveopment and supplies, I think you probably don't have the means to protect yourself if the united states decides you are a threat to national security.

This is true but do you want to live under a government that arbitrarily decides who is and isn't a threat to national security? Eviscerating the bill of rights is just one more step in that direction.

I'm not speculating on the effects, nor am I supporting such an endeavor... I'm just saying that if it were to be done, it could be done fairly effectively if everyone cooperated.

I'm usually on the side of personal liberty (as i am in this case), but I do see both sides of this issue.

And this is where that idea fails. That is one hell of a hypothetical theory. Hypothetically if their were no banks, stores, etc, there would be no business's being robbed either. Do you see the point Im trying to get across?

Tell that to a bunch of cave dwelling herdsmen that have been doing a mighty fine jody the last ten years of pissing off our superior military and quite a few Russians before that. :lol:

• Upvote 1

one thing to also understand, while our military are members of the us military, they are also citizens outside of the military. if an order was given to turn on their own people, i bet there would be many large groups who would side with the citizens.

i know the whole "group mentality" issue that would play a factor, which is why not every soldier would side with the people....but it only takes a few higher ups to make a big difference, and i know a lot of military people who dont always side with the president anyways

one thing to also understand, while our military are members of the us military, they are also citizens outside of the military. if an order was given to turn on their own people, i bet there would be many large groups who would side with the citizens.

i know the whole "group mentality" issue that would play a factor, which is why not every soldier would side with the people....but it only takes a few higher ups to make a big difference, and i know a lot of military people who dont always side with the president anyways

Problem is that it won't happen with "an order". It happens slowly.... bit by bit..... until you're there and you say "holy shit! How did we get here?"

There is a group out there called oath keepers. Its a pretty large organization comprised of service members both military and police that recognize they took an oath to. Protect this country from threats both foreign and DOMESTIC.

There is a group out there called oath keepers. Its a pretty large organization comprised of service members both military and police that recognize they took an oath to. Protect this country from threats both foreign and DOMESTIC.

yep, they will protect you :rolleyes:

Or you could put away the tin foil hats, realize your arms are utterly inept when compared to the training and equipment of a proper tactical team (let alone a full-on military force), and just be happy you're "protected" from the errant carjacker, or small time criminal.

Your hometown militia is never going toe to toe with even a small country's military (like japan for example), let alone the largest military force on the planet. :nono:

this is getting absurd

http://news.yahoo.com/3-arrested-separate-dark-knight-incidents-080930278.html

In Southern California, a man at a Sunday afternoon showing of the film was arrested after witnesses said he made threats and alluded to the Aurora shooting when the movie didn't start.

Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies were called to a cinema complex in Norwalk after moviegoers said 52-year-old Clark Tabor shouted: "I should go off like in Colorado." They said he then asked: "Does anybody have a gun?"

A security guard saw Tabor with a backpack on his knees in the second row, but deputies who searched the bag, the theater and its surrounding area did not find any weapon.

rock

Not necessarily true on that last bit...

young children have gotten a hold of guns and killed people without understanding why or how... they weren't necessarily bad people.

you have to put some effort into killing someone with a rock...

This is true but do you want to live under a government that arbitrarily decides who is and isn't a threat to national security?

newsflash: you already live under a government like that.

This was the only one I saw but I have a hard time trusting anything that comes from wikipedia.

you can always look at the bottom of the wikipedia pages for the citations, then you just look at the cited sources directly.

yep, they will protect you :rolleyes:

Or you could put away the tin foil hats, realize your arms are utterly inept when compared to the training and equipment of a proper tactical team (let alone a full-on military force), and just be happy you're "protected" from the errant carjacker, or small time criminal.

Your hometown militia is never going toe to toe with even a small country's military (like japan for example), let alone the largest military force on the planet. :nono:

You make me laugh at times.