Moto-D one piece undersuit

Cowboy 6

Moto-D Racing products

One piece undersuit product review.

I am writing this in an effort to provide a candid and fair review of the new one piece undersuit that is available from Moto-D.

I ordered two of these suits in preparation for our 2012 race season. I had previously used Under Armour in a two piece configuration. I was not unhappy with the performance of the UA product but it is very expensive and had started to come apart at several of the seams. I was also not particularly happy with the overlap of the upper and lower garments that created a double layer in the waist area.

Upon arrival, I found the Moto-D suits to be of good quality. I tried on my medium suit and found both the arms and legs to be too long. Otherwise the fit was fine. After making this situation known to Scott at Moto-D, he immediately sent “small” replacements. They fit a bit better. There is still a bit of extra length in the arms. It is not uncomfortable or intrusive and I can easily understand that others with longer arms than I would need the excess.

I was pleasantly surprised to find a stirrup at the bottom of each leg. This comes in handy when getting into leathers and boots as the Moto-D suits do not fit as tightly as UA.

motodsuits.jpg

Our team’s first weekend of trial with these suits surely put them to the test. It was upward of 100 deg Fahrenheit with little wind at the track. True to the claims of Moto-D, these suits worked wonders in aiding entry and exit of our race leathers. We had zero issues with sticking and zero issues with zippers, materials and stitching.

In fact, these suits worked so well, the only recommendation we could possibly offer would be to provide them in lighter colors to avoid the sunlight/heat absorption that black seems to provide.

If you are wearing cotton t-shirts and shorts under your leathers, you absolutely need to get yourself one of these undersuits. If you are like I was and using UA, you need to check these out. At $64.95 they are far cheaper and I feel that they work better. Being one piece, there are no annoying gaps or overlaps either.

One last thing. These suits are not just for track junkies. They make a great first layer for street riding and come in a “Fall/Cold” version for those colder days on the road.

You can purchase yours directly from Moto-D at this website: www.motodracing.com

When you call in, tell Scott “Cowboy 6 sent me” and he will give you a discounted price on your purchase!

motodsuit.jpg

Until next time, keep the rubber side down and leave nothing on the track but blackies!

Ironic, I was just trying to find reviews on these in the real world. I'll be ordering one for sure. As for sizing, are you saying order a size smaller? Im 6ft 212lbs, pretty broad shoulders, gut, and chicken legs but big thighs lol.

Ask Scott but I would say a medium would do fine for you.