Shop Dog Cycles Rebuild

Hoblick

So i had a customer bring me his 2007 CBR 1000RR

He had crashed and hit a guard rail, the bike ended up being totaled out.

he bought the bike back, and wanted it put back together, with a budget in mind.

We went back and forth on options, and then an assessment of what really needed replaced was done.

a short list of things to be replaced were..

forks, lower tree, front wheel, clipons, levers, front brake master cylinder, right side upper and lower fairings, front fairing, mirrors, and some other odds and ends.

i sourced a straight front end off ebay with clip ons, resevoirs, and some other stuff i didnt need.

i sourced a take off 07 wheel off ebay as well.

now was decision making time on the fairings, find matching pieces that were in GOOD shape was looking hard to find, especially at a resonable price.

we had talked over the option of the ebay fairings, and i did some research to find him a supplier that had quality stuff. He ended up choosing to go with the ebay set, and in a different color scheme than what he had.

so now on to pics.

after his wreck

1e742d56.jpg

e8a00ffd.jpg

and then it came to me, and i started to get it apart

ee57bb97.jpg

just a little bent

d503a456.jpg

d1ec6b59.jpg

the old forks were alot worse than i thought, lower tree tweaked really bad, right fork tube broke in half

a27a3a9c.jpg

straight front end on

47a118d9.jpg

4d412493.jpg

rotors were in good shape and straight as can be, so all i had to do was source a wheel.. and wait for it to finally show up.

a86b9e92.jpg

chinabay fairings came in after that

5cfa0cd4.jpg

starting to make some headway

ee16dcb9.jpg

finished buttoning it up tonight, aside from a few small things i gotta do, its pretty much finished. He has scheduled an appointment to get it inspected, and should be back on the road early next month with it. i did test ride it, and it road straight as can be, i sent him some pics and he was thrilled with the outcome, as well as the turn around time on it. I have had the bike just a hair under a month. I knew he wanted it back on the road asap, so i did what i could to make it happen as quickly as possible for him. and... we came in right at his budget :)

3c33fd8e.jpg

fc9acb40.jpg

8df4d65c.jpg

7076d3ad.jpg

The clear coat on the ebay fairings sucks. It will start to chip within 1yr. I would suggest finding away to protect the areas that may get hit with road debris like rocks.

Great job. Now move your shop to Cinci so I can bring my bike in for work when it needs it :D
See if Chris Nicoloff at Cincy Desmo can do the work you need. Even though his specialty is Ducati I have heard good things about him. He was a aviation mechanic also. Contact him at http://www.cincydesmoservice.com
  • Upvote 1