words cant even describe....

2talltim

...how pissed I am right now. I'm a man of my word and I expect others to be too. Had my TL sold, was even told I could have gotten a check this weekend, but opted to wait for cash on monday, I got the title noterized and everything, even told a guy yesterday that was interested that it was sold not sure if I saved his email or not, And the "buyer" backs out last min. Via text message. So needless to say its still for sale, ill be posting in the market later this morning when the fire in my eyes dies down.

Edited by 2talltim

Brother' date=' it's not sold until you have dollars in hand. I learned that lesson the hard way, too. Welcome to Hard Knocks Academy.[/quote']

QFT

Being the good guy will get you burned, without a back up. I'm the same way, when someone says they are going to do something, that's what they are going to do. Too many people aren't like that, and care too little about who it affects. They lie to themselves, telling themselves they can make it happen when they probably didn't budget right(being nice about that). So why wouldn't they lie to you?

Take them at their word until they follow through, but understand I have a back up, and let the back up know that's what they are.

GLWS

Edited by Mojoe

Well now you need to out them... you're doing a disservice to all other members' on here if the person turns around and burns another one of us.

Don't let this fiscal rapist get away with violating your wallet by having it go unnoticed.

why are you soliciting him to out you? you know you wanted to make the copper duo a trio...:D

All I have in this world is my word and my balls.

If I committed to the TL, I would've had the TL, but as a few others have already noted -- I learned all my lessons from the Hard Knock Academy pretty early in life, which is why I trust people as far as I can throw them.

I am a proponent of internet vigilantism and the 'outing' of people as long as it's truthful. Though truth is muddled in with perceptions, so there are two sides to every story. Maybe the other guy would have a legit excuse as judged by the court of public opinion? :dunno:

Regardless, I do trust that when multiple people come to this site and recommend a product or service or have stories about how a company or individual has burned them, that it's probably the truth. Not an absolute, but probably. Therefore, for the sake of the integrity of the site, we need to know the entire story, the players on both sides, and have it settled on our forum. If anything, it'll be a record of history in dealings with the OP or the accused. Maybe the decision will be that both parties were at fault and are too stupid to deal with? They're not malicious, or liars, just dumb and irresponsible -- who knows. But, we need both sides, out in the open, to make that kind of judgment call.

Edited by JRMMiii

All I have in this world is my word and my balls.

If I committed to the TL, I would've had the TL, but as a few others have already noted -- I learned all my lessons from the Hard Knock Academy pretty early in life, which is why I trust people as far as I can throw them.

and with your bad back you shouldn't be throwing anybody...

Cash in hand is king...

I talked to my notary buddy he said if for some reason I don't sell just go the title office and tell them I lost it

yup, lost title, i think is like $15...iirc

but that's only if you decide not to sell it. Otherwise you've just completed the next step, and have a title ready to go.

This sucks Tim, I've been there with my last bike but had several contingency offers that were in line right behind the failure so it was still virtually painless.

I know I've expressed interest in some stuff around here, but I always convey my intentions right away with how ready I and my money are. That way, the seller understands my position up front instead of last minute bailing - but like it's been said, that can/does happen sometimes. Maybe the prospective buyer's better half veto'd the purchase? Or some other drastic interference? Either way, I hope the next buyer actually buys. GLWS bro