Any Archers on Here????

Ault

I love now hunting and shooting. Check out archerytalk tons of good info on there.

Oh i have been on AT for a while...i'm not new to the sport just wanted to see who else is involved in it on here. i have the same name on AT as well as OR.

I've not done any competitive shooting but I enjoy shooting a bow. Would like to do some 3d shooting

i have never done 3d or comp...i just shoot alot with friends in the back yard...and hunt all season. 3d sounds like a bunch of fun. i'm not sure how to find any or get in them.

Ill answer to anything :lol:

T&K Guns and Archery, ask for Tommy. Tell him Bill Green sent you. He can get'er working pretty good. I was never a big single cam shooter so I cant really help you that much. They are not difficult though, way easier to shoot than a two cam or cam and half or Binary. Thats just one of the reasons so many people shoot a Mathews. I still shoot one of my Hoyts. Sold all the others. Trying to work a deal on a Bowtech Insanity CPX

Ault, I just seen you are in Revenna. T&K is a little bit of a drive from there. Try Olde English, They are a huge Mathews dealer.

Funny thing. The girl I was seeing is in Revenna for XO and IO Military training this week.

Edited by Beegreenstrings

With being that close to Youngstown I would call Ken at Baldys Archery. I have went there the past two years and it's worth it IMHO. Just got back my Bowtech Invasion from retune after snapping a nock and having the string come off. He also reworked my brothers Pearson... Which I believe is a Cheaper Mathews bow. He found the lower cam had a small section missing from when my brother had it snap the hoist string getting into his stand. New string/cam/install/tuning only cost $145 with tax.

Ken has a lot of good reviews on AT also if you want to to check up on him.

Edited by SJC1000rr

I shoot with a Switchback xt I mostly hunt though, it's funny because I was just at old English yesterday and shot a Heli-M and just saw this thread today. Congrats on an awesome bow! I don't know how far you are from Old English but if you're anywhere near I would definitely suggest going there for help.

We need to get together sometime and shoot

Definitely! I am a member of the Coon Hunters club in Canal, We have 28 stations through the woods with differant style 3D targets set at differant ranges and angles (Bears to Antalope) and then a 20-30-40-50-60 yard standing target range.

Recurve man myself. Shot competitively with compound from 94 to about 02 and got bored with it. Picked up a stickbow and never went back. Still have my PSE compound hunting rig but rarely shoot it.

Find a good club near you and join. Especially if they have a 3d course that you can shoot on your own. I wouldn't waste my time at a compound 3d shoot. Too many people and too many delays between targets.

Good luck and have fun!

With being that close to Youngstown I would call Ken at Baldys Archery. I have went there the past two years and it's worth it IMHO. Just got back my Bowtech Invasion from retune after snapping a nock and having the string come off. He also reworked my brothers Pearson... Which I believe is a Cheaper Mathews bow. He found the lower cam had a small section missing from when my brother had it snap the hoist string getting into his stand. New string/cam/install/tuning only cost $145 with tax.

Ken has a lot of good reviews on AT also if you want to to check up on him.

Ken is an awesome tuner and i will be there saturday with the helim to get it set up and tuned...he tuned my bowtech assassin to perfection....however he is closing shop soon to spend more time with his family. so in the future i guess ill try old english

I shoot with a Switchback xt I mostly hunt though, it's funny because I was just at old English yesterday and shot a Heli-M and just saw this thread today. Congrats on an awesome bow! I don't know how far you are from Old English but if you're anywhere near I would definitely suggest going there for help.

thanks man...this bow is so smooth its amazing

I have shot a bow in the past, but my experience is limited to 8th grade gym :p

I would like to pick up an inexpensive 50# recurve and just mess around in my yard. My wife's boss is into compound bows, so she offered to find me something. I'm finding her a bike (her boyfriend rides, but his shadow is like 1300cc or something, and she's afraid of it)

Ken is an awesome tuner and i will be there saturday with the helim to get it set up and tuned...he tuned my bowtech assassin to perfection....however he is closing shop soon to spend more time with his family. so in the future i guess ill try old english

Doh, that sucks to hear...but understandable for sure. Glad I got in my brothers and my bow in before he closes up.

I have shot a bow in the past, but my experience is limited to 8th grade gym :p

I would like to pick up an inexpensive 50# recurve and just mess around in my yard. My wife's boss is into compound bows, so she offered to find me something. I'm finding her a bike (her boyfriend rides, but his shadow is like 1300cc or something, and she's afraid of it)

For anyone interested in recurves and longbows, or seeing a few vendors for arrow and hunting supplies, I would highly recommend a trip to Jackson, Ohio over the Labor Day Weekend. The Ohio Society of Traditional Archers (OSTA) holds the end of year State Shoot on this weekend and it's a great time. Plenty of folks selling bows, vendors, free camping, good food, two thirty target 3D courses, and commanderie in a family friendly environment.

http://www.tradarchers.org/default.aspx