Sag session

Hoblick

Why charge anything for sag? Setting sag is UBER easy and anyone can do it and do it with a total of three people. Rider and two helpers...

Not sure charging is a good thing as again, I would do it for free for anyone that is interested. It can be done about as quickly as putting gas in your bike...

i dont want to sound like an ass, and i dont think i have ever poked the bear when my business is involved. I have a good reputation around here and i want to keep it that way... but

why.. im running a business.

i do alot for the guys on the forum, everyone on here gets excellent deals on anything i can offer them, tire changes at the cheapest price i can do it for, parts and gear for as cheap as i can sell, and tires at lower than most online pricing. Hell if i cant sell them a tire cheaper than they can buy it elsewhere, i tell them buy there and then bring it over for an install. I recommend Riders Discount to customer if they are looking for something i cant offer, ive reffered people to Pauly (DUCRX) because i knew i wouldnt be able to get them in, in a time frame they were looking for.. i put my customers first.

i am busy busy, with my business, and with my night job as well.

taking a full day to do suspension set ups and pay someone to help me, i just cant do it for free. As much as id like to , i cant.

I will offer information of what sag setting are for, as well as what the comp/rebound settings affect, to much to little, what to look for to know if there is to little or to much adjustment.

will also offer guidance for the heavier guys who need to respring.

i love to help people out, but my business wont survive on free service.

if you have the time to offer everyone free sag set up, then please do, im sure everyone will appreciate it very much, and your a stand up guy for the offer.

If you do there will be no need for me to try to set this event up.

• Upvote 2

brian can consult, hoblick can do the work, everyone pays some nominal fee to get the work done, hoblick gets paid for his time, brian can take a little cut for his time and knowledge (if they chose to work it out that way) and everyone is happy.

hug it out bros.

I'd be willing to swing down and spin wrenches for free' date=' Ryan. Get Brian to show us how it's done and have everyone toss $20 at you to cover time, materials and BBQ.

Somebody has to man the BBQ, though.

I wouldn't mind a more advanced lesson on this, honestly. It'd be an informal training seminar for me. I can set a baseline, and tune my own bike based on feedback I get. I can't look at a set of tires on another bike and tell you what's up with it, though. That's why I really only offer suspension component repair/service, and not full-fledged tuning.

Anyway, I'm game if you need/want a shop helper for this.[/quote']

This guy. I like the way this guy thinks.

I'd be in for this and gladly pay for the service.

I like the meet and greet idea. Wonder if the Pony would allow the use of part of their parking lot for free? I know they have a service department and that could be a sticky point, but they probably wouldn't mind the temptation their retail business offers to a bunch of riders showing up in the parking lot. Maybe?

I'm pretty sure Dave Moss charges 40 bucks at the track,but keep in mind he is there all day and also will help with reading tires and rebound and compression adjustments.

Still waiting for the all wonderful Mr. Smoothe to help me set up mine.

Hint..Hint....

Oh,and as far as Race Tech's technical support,I emailed them my weight and front spring size and the only reply I got back was to set it at 10mm.

Really not much help for a track bike noob !!!

Edited by J_Copeland

I'm pretty sure Dave Moss charges 40 bucks at the track,but keep in mind he is there all day and also will help with reading tires and rebound and compression adjustments.

Still waiting for the all wonderful Mr. Smoothe to help me set up mine.

Hint..Hint....

Oh,and as far as Race Tech's technical support,I emailed them my weight and front spring size and the only reply I got back was to set it at 10mm.

Really not much help for a track bike noob !!!

You going to nelsons laborday weekend?

I'd be willing to swing down and spin wrenches for free' date=' Ryan. Get Brian to show us how it's done and have everyone toss $20 at you to cover time, materials and BBQ.

Somebody has to man the BBQ, though.

I wouldn't mind a more advanced lesson on this, honestly. It'd be an informal training seminar for me. I can set a baseline, and tune my own bike based on feedback I get. I can't look at a set of tires on another bike and tell you what's up with it, though. That's why I really only offer suspension component repair/service, and not full-fledged tuning.

Anyway, I'm game if you need/want a shop helper for this.[/quote']

I'd love to help out on this. I can provide some info and feedback and do a Q&A if need be.

As mentioned about Dave Moss as an example. He charges for a baseline, but is available through the day to help fine tune...

In any case, I am willing to share my worthless knowledge... I'd do it for free or maybe a free lunch. How's that sound? If there is a fee, I would say give it all to Hob or DTM for their time and putting it together...

It would be awesome to do it somewhere where we can use a dry erase board, have it inside to discuss and it be a little more quiet, etc...

I'd love to help out on this. I can provide some info and feedback and do a Q&A if need be.

As mentioned about Dave Moss as an example. He charges for a baseline, but is available through the day to help fine tune...

In any case, I am willing to share my worthless knowledge... I'd do it for free or maybe a free lunch. How's that sound? If there is a fee, I would say give it all to Hob or DTM for their time and putting it together...

It would be awesome to do it somewhere where we can use a dry erase board, have it inside to discuss and it be a little more quiet, etc...

This would be a huge help.

You do the info, Q&A

me and pauly do the wrenching

id be down for a free seminar if i had the help of you 2.

i like the idea of lunch. maybe everyone who attends kicks in some bucks and we have a cookout or something, if its at DTM kick him some cash for use of space.

as long as im not on my own and having to pay someone to help me im good with doing it for free.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I for one would be all over this!

Already put correct springs in my SV, but not sure if oil level is correct or even if I did the spacers correctly.

The rear shock was replaced with a ZX-10 shock which is generally considered an "upgrade" for my SV. But again I'm not sure if it's setup correctly.

Are my forks set at the correct height? Are my wheels aligned?

I love riding this bike. That is as long as it's in a straight line with no bumps.

Throw some curves in and I'd just as soon dismount and walk.

I'm not a racer, but my suspension needs HELP!

I'd be willing to pay for the extra service I need. Any possibility of doing an event near Cleveland?

Edited by pista

Wow, I for one would be all over this!

Already put correct springs in my SV, but not sure if oil level is correct or even if I did the spacers correctly.

The rear shock was replaced with a ZX-10 shock which is generally considered an "upgrade" for my SV. But again I'm not sure if it's setup correctly.

Are my forks set at the correct height? Are my wheels aligned?

I love riding this bike. That is as long as it's in a straight line with no bumps.

Throw some curves in and I'd just as soon dismount and walk.

I'm not a racer, but my suspension needs HELP!

I'd be willing to pay for the extra service I need. Any possibility of doing an event near Cleveland?

your forks (if i remember correctly) cannot be adjusted externally.

your shock can however.

i can find out what your sag is, and then you could take that info and make that adjustment by increasing or decreasing the spacer size.

your shock can however.

i can find out what your sag is, and then you could take that info and make that adjustment by increasing or decreasing the spacer size.

i believe the SV650 forks are non adjustable. mine is an SV1000 with preload, compression and rebound adjusters.

I've tried playing around with all that, put a new front spring in, put a rear shock on and it still never feels right.

That's mainly why I'd like to take it someplace and have it redone. By somebody that's able to set it up correctly.

The downside is it has to be near Cleveland.

your shock can however.

They are pre-load adjustable which can be adjusted for sag (What you adjust for sag primarily - you CAN adjust to a degree with COMP, but mostly, pre-load.)

The sag numbers should be around a range of 30-35mm. That's topped out and then where the measurement is with rider in gear. This is a starting point only and then adjusted per rider's ability and comfort/style.

ANY bike is around that series of numbers generally. Some are less, some are more and street will depend on what you are doing with the bike. But, in general, look for 32-ish is where I typically tell guys to start and work from there.

You really want balance front and rear. Smaller sag #s in rear vs. front are sometimes typical (my bike is this way) for guys that are racing and certain bikes. I run a 35mm front and 30mm rear...