Sag session

Hoblick

Waiting on brian and pauly to confirm a time? What say you brian?

Well, this Sunday is out for me due to Mid-O. Next weekend is out due to work and hopefully MS race. I'd say that the second weekend in Sept is looking good. I'd have to look at the MS schedule and see what the dates are in Sept, but really, Sept looks good. I'd like to try and get it done before the last Mid-O events in Sept in case someone wanted to try their settings and I can assist in adjusting if need be...

I'm no expert' date=' but I think every two years would be sufficient for a street bike.[/quote']

I'd tend to agree with this idea. It is all in how often you use the bike and to what level it is used. Tons of twisties and trips to the Dragon, etc? I'd go with sooner than that. Haul a lot on longer trips and higher miles? Probably sooner also...

As for track/race? We used to refresh a couple of times a season to stay as fresh as possible. minimum, once a year. Best idea is obviously at the start of each season...

My opinion here, but if you are going to offer a suspension seminar, it should be by

a) credible people within the suspension industry,

b) experienced racers with a ton of knowledge,

c) race tuners, etc.

d) Otherwise, (I mean no disrespect) standard techs are just going to be giving either regurgitated info or simply such a neutral series of specs to cover a wide range of people.

What I am getting at is that I would be willing to do a free seminar for example on how to set your sag, what compression and rebound can do for a rider - especially track - what to look for, what to think about, etc.

In any case, I am willing to share my worthless knowledge...

Now I'm confused - with you do we get b or d?

Thinking about holding a suspension setting session.

One day event, base line suspension setup.

Ill adjust your sag to either a race or street set up.

I can do baseline comp/damp settings as well.

Im trying to come up with a fair price.

Who would be interested?

Yes

$40 per bike, $60 for two????

They are pre-load adjustable which can be adjusted for sag (What you adjust for sag primarily - you CAN adjust to a degree with COMP, but mostly, pre-load.)

The sag numbers should be around a range of 30-35mm. That's topped out and then where the measurement is with rider in gear. This is a starting point only and then adjusted per rider's ability and comfort/style.

ANY bike is around that series of numbers generally. Some are less, some are more and street will depend on what you are doing with the bike. But, in general, look for 32-ish is where I typically tell guys to start and work from there.

You really want balance front and rear. Smaller sag #s in rear vs. front are sometimes typical (my bike is this way) for guys that are racing and certain bikes. I run a 35mm front and 30mm rear...

Currently im set at 27 front 27 rear.. Bike feels very planted, comp and rebound settings id have to look at my notes

Currently im set at 27 front 27 rear.. Bike feels very planted, comp and rebound settings id have to look at my notes

Kinda stiff, man. To each their own for sure, but on the GSXRs, I was at 32-35 front and rear. Did OK with that setting on sag, but did mess with the comp/reb once in a while. More on chassis geo than anything on the GSXRs, but again, no two riders will be the same, but that is on the stiff side for someone VERY hard on brakes for example...

Doesnt seem that stiff to me, granted the suspension has never been refreshed.

Forks are flush with top tree.

When you look at the zip tye or o-ring on your forks, are they around 1/4" or less from bottoming out?

Also, are you running extenders? Those bikes need fork extenders to get the right amount of needed trail...

How much sag is too much?

ut3.jpg

For a fee a local surgeon can respring those for the proper sag and swap some silicone in those to get them ready to hit the track again. Until then it appears unsafe to ride in a high performance application but it may be safe for street walking only.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
I thought we were waiting on you to set a date' date=' Ryan. It's your show. I'm just gonna spin wrenches and look at boobs. :dunno:[/quote']

i was letting brian take the reigns to set it up. no advancement from him, no communication, so i opted out. Setting things up myself, in a venue that people are familiar with, seemed like the way to go.

i have a limited schedule, and trying to get things together with you and brian was dragging out. i wasnt gonna set something up if brian wanted to run the show. He is the one that brought up a free suspension session and learning seminar, so i figured he could take care of getting things lined up, he didnt.

Pauly, if you wanna come down and spin wrenches at the event i have set up, we can work something out. Just shoot me a PM and we can get things ironed out.