Didn't buy the 32gb Ipod? You got lucky...

YSR_Racer_99

Me too :(. Lets whoop the mailman then

Let's! I swear some of them steal iPods and iPhones. We used to have them go missing in shipment at best buy all the time because they were all mailed in the same size box and would mysteriously disappear on the way to customers homes after repair or replacement. I sent the iPod in a box about that size too so it seems fishy.

I've done it, and had it done, with no problems. Doesn't seem that its gonna be a problem with this one, either. I don't view Josh as a "complete stranger" though I've never met him since he's a member here, and active on the boards. Not a big deal. Don't be shakin' that big bald head at me!

;)

[quote=John;881664

]Ie0Ig.jpg

that $2.25 transaction fee could've broken him

Wouldn't come out of my end.

FWIW, I've pretty much stopped selling on ebay because of the fees. When all is said and done, the ebay and paypal fees (which are the same company) add up to about 15-18%. If someone can save 3% of that, good for them.

but that's how that company earns their money....

they advertise your product for sale on a global marketplace for a percentage of the sale money...In the case of ebay

They transmit funds, safely, and securely across great distances for a percentage of the funds...In the case of paypal

If you don't like their business model, don't swindle them out of their money, use another service...free market...

What does it matter if they are the same company?

EDIT: NVM, not sure why i just started defending multi-million dollar companies...back to your regularly scheduled program..

Edited by magley64

What other service shall I consider?

but that's how that company earns their money....

they advertise your product for sale on a global marketplace for a percentage of the sale money...In the case of ebay

They transmit funds, safely, and securely across great distances for a percentage of the funds...In the case of paypal

If you don't like their business model, don't swindle them out of their money, use another service...free market...

What does it matter if they are the same company?

EDIT: NVM, not sure why i just started defending multi-million dollar companies...back to your regularly scheduled program..

I know discover and chase have a similar service...not sure if they charge fees or not. Never cared enough to look into it.

Generally, if I'm selling something and accepting paypal payments, I try to price the item with the fees in mind.

Also, if you sell something and accept PayPal payment, ship the item through the PayPal process (via USPS, UPS, etc). If you ship it yourself (outside of Paypal) you have little recourse should the buyer claim non-receipt and file a complaint with PayPal to get their money back. Hasn't happened to me but I've seen it happen to people on numerous forums.

western union, united states postal service, etc...

Western Union: Never used it. I thought they only sent money to Mexico.

USPS: Slow, unreliable, impractical. Been there, done that, didn't like it.

Actually, I agree with your earlier statement about "don't use them if you don't want to pay them for their service". From now on, I'll cover the fee or workout something with the other party.

I'm not going to perpetuate this thread any longer. I think that Josh and I got it worked out (thx, Josh), and would like to see the thread fade away.

Thx

Jeff