Mid-Ohio Track day the 13th...

LeNko

I can't believe we got as lucky as we did.. the forecast tues morning looked horrible, ended up sitting out two sessions in the afternoon to wait for things to dry out.. Crazy crash in turn one took 3 riders out and I was almost the 4th :eek: .

Yeah that was very unfortunate!

This was my first trackday, and I was dragging knee! my instructor, dennis, said I was doing a pretty good job, I had a blast and learned a lot about my riding(I was too far forward in the seat this whole time, put my ass back and it made a world of difference!)

Needless to say, you'll be seeing more of me! I'm hooked!

Yep that was me, first big crash in 12 years of track days :facepalm:.

I had sorted out a handling problem I was having, the bike was rock solid stable and I was feeling really good, clicking off personal best lap times one after the other. Then about halfway thru the first session after lunch I braked too late for turn one, went in too hot, and down I went. Nobody's fault but my own.

Apparantly I was unresponsive for a few minutes so I got a ride in the ambulance. Got my bell rung pretty good, I'm still a little stiff and sore but nothing serious. I'm told the bike flipped twice and rolled once, overall it's in pretty good shape though... we will both be back!

It's good to hear you were going fast, and even better to hear you are alright! You were not moving at all after the incident and I was just sitting there helpless on the inside of turn 1 with my camera.

It's good to hear you were going fast, and even better to hear you are alright! You were not moving at all after the incident and I was just sitting there helpless on the inside of turn 1 with my camera.

Oh you were the photographer! You got pics of the crash then?

Oh you were the photographer! You got pics of the crash then?

Yes I was, and I had two shots but I don't post them to the computers or website usually. And then I think they were deleted completely by accident. I am running a recovery scan on my backup card that was in the camera, to see if I can find them.