Independent Motorsports - Beware

5thSFG

People post positive reviews here as well as negative. I chose Hoblick's shops for my tires based upon the good reviews here, and I added my good review to that based upon the excellent work he did on my bike.

When purchasing my bike, I had to do the same thing as it was posted on ebay when I bought it. Put a down payment on my cc to hold it until I could look at it. I probably wouldnt have been so nice with the review as the OP was if the bike had been sold from under me.

Had the OP been a supreme douche with his review I would be a little more cautious.

More reviews both positive/negative are helpful. IMO

PC response:

It seems like the worst part to all of this is that 5thSFG actually has the time to seek out forums where this dealer is a sponsor and bash their brains out over something so stupid.

Did Independent screw you...sure

Should they offer you a sincere apology...yes

But if this is your biggest problem in life, I would say you are in a pretty good place amigo. Move on with your life and go find another BMW to buy. The deal at Independent could not have been THAT good, anyway.

Actual response:

Just for the record, I use to work for BMW of North America, and it was cry-baby faggots like you that made the job unbearable. I'm sure if you haven't already contacted BMW of North America to complain, you are likely working on it. And just in case you need the number, 1-800-831-1117. Ask for Jarrod , he's also a cry-baby faggot. People like you give BMW owners a bad name. The sense of entitlement is mind numbing.

Goldie grow a set a do a fucking job. If you didn't like your past job fine move on. Your being a bitch bitching about past problems. Man up.

• Upvote 1

I think I need to start giving a "talk-me-up" discount.. :dunno:

So after 10 "talk-me-up" 's = discount oil change or something?

The OP's experience is his experience.

A quick story about the web based sales guys not knowing what the "on the floor" sales guys are doing.

A while back (2003), I found a car on-line from the manufacture website where you can select a car and the options. The last selection on the website had a link to find the car you just optioned out near by.

The website points me to local dealer. I visit local dealer. I see the vehicle in the parking lot ( had the same inventory / stock number from the website.)

I talk to on the floor sales guy and ask to see the car with these options. Response from sales guy " none of those here".

I showed the guy the print out. Looks up on the dealership computer. Response "oh we sold the car"

I ask the sales guy to follow me and point to car.

Sales guy goes back in and types on the comuter again and says " no wonder that car has been on the lot for over 200 days, it was entered into the inventory system incorrectly.

It has that stock number entered with the incorrect options.

Enough rambling from me.

I did not buy that car because we could not reach a deal on the price.

two cents: Technically, I think the state of Ohio follows standard business practices based on antiquity similar to all other states. This means that a law or regulation probably was broken. Transacting from out of state makes it all confused and probably a federal jurisdiction, but either way it comes down to evidence.

If there was correspondence and/or receipt of specific payment of any type that indicated that the sale was completed or even secured, I'd think there is a strong probability of a case. Restitution and damages. Simple failure to complete the transaction, or the horror of interstate fraud. Pick one.

Really, all business laws are based on the honesty of the parties involved. A simple handshake would work back when people couldn't even write. Promises made were promises kept. To not deliver was a severe transgression by a business party. Mistakes can be made, but honesty and apologies go a long way with customers that have a history of purchases. Our modern world and long distances have started trashing all of that.

extra two cents: Since I was a 5thSFG payroll clerk 40 freakin' years ago, I'll just fall on that side of this anyway. Granted, I was HQSPTRPS, and not embedded with 5th, but that was ok since I could go into town every night and party it up.

Doesn't Christine (forget her screen name), the lady that racks up miles, work there?

Yes, that's me. I don't know the whole story about this bike, but I'm going to forward this thread over to sales department in hopes that they will respond to this.

Because of it being a two week rode trip after the rally. You're damn right it was in a car.

If your doing the fishing shake again, I'm looking at after September, because I'm not taking the track plastics off until then. Sucks being 100 miles from the bike too.

Still never said if you were doing a track day.

You already are pushing things past September, and didn't even commit to going.

189, perhaps you should compose your experiences into a well written review, and then have the evidence to support your claims (receipts, etc). It might make you have a little more credibility...

Take the OP for example.

The people who run this site do not want you to know that one of its supporters is a scam artist. I have pictures, recipets, and friends testimony that they straight up RIP'd me off. I made mutiple visits to the store AND phone'd them constantly.The moderators have removed previous comments. That tells you the character and the quality of the site itself. Independent Motorsports is a BAD place to take your motorcycle PERIOD!!!!PS: I SEE YOU RIDING ON WEST BROAD BY GIANT EAGLE ALL THE TIME CASPER ;) you little political activist you....

• Downvote 1

is this one of our banned members?

Casper has supported the OP in writing this review. Clearly he's open to you writing yours, so please start a new thread, title it "Independent motorsports negative review" and then write clearly and concisely what occurred...

simple

coming in here all "caps lock cowboy" isn't helping anyone.

• Upvote 1