Feelin out the Vee

2talltim

gave her a bath today and cleaned the chain because the previous owner said "thats the only thing i havent done yet":nono:..Holy crud:eek:, i originally i thought the rear sprocket was black, turns out that bugger is silver, who'd a thunk it:rolleyes:, hope he dont treat thet lovely R that sits in his garage that way:lol:

Edited by 2talltim

gave her a bath today and cleaned the chain because the previous owner said "thats the only thing i havent done yet"..Holy crud, i originally i thought the rear sprocekt was black, turns out that bugger is silver, who'd a thunk it:rolleyes:, hope he dont treat thet lovely R that sits in his garge that way:lol:

They get that way when you're not afraid to ride in the rain... And I told you it needed done.

I took all your hi tech gadetry off today too, ill keep it around incase i ever want to use it, but i got tired of answering the "what the hells that? question:D. My new windscreen is suposed to be here today, just in time for a 250 mile ride tomorrow.

And i found a top box i think im going to like, its not detachable but its gloss black and has a built in back rest for my kiddos, only paid $40 delivered so if i dont like it ill just sell it and try again.

299034619_tp.jpg

299034632_tp.jpg

If it hasn't been done, you might wanna rebuild the clutch-slave, replace the clutch fluid and do that yearly too. It's very easy, and if you keep on top of it the clutch slave will last forever. When they get gunked up they get scored and the slave unit's not cheap. A $6 seal and some brake fluid and you're good to go.

There's detailed instructions on VSRI.

I really noticed mine staying cleaner once I switched to Dupont Dry Lube for the chain. I have to spray it on more often, but the countersprocket area doesn't get nearly as nasty as with traditional lube.

If it hasn't been done, you might wanna rebuild the clutch-slave, replace the clutch fluid and do that yearly too. It's very easy, and if you keep on top of it the clutch slave will last forever. When they get gunked up they get scored and the slave unit's not cheap. A $6 seal and some brake fluid and you're good to go.

There's detailed instructions on VSRI.

I really noticed mine staying cleaner once I switched to Dupont Dry Lube for the chain. I have to spray it on more often, but the countersprocket area doesn't get nearly as nasty as with traditional lube.

yea i do brake fluids every winter on all my rides so the clutch will go right along with that. I used PB1 clear chain lube, i love that stuff

If that turns out to be a piece of shit' date=' keep scouring eBay. I found my Givi trunk for less than $90, shipped. Brand new unit.[/quote']

honestly i expect the worst and hope for the best, i guy i work with said if i get it and dont like it he will buy it off me for his wifes scooter

Ok took her out yesterday for a 230 mile mixed ride, we hit country roads, city streets, some wicked twistys,and the freeway.(ended up going south instead of north due toweather forcast) Over all comfort is lots better than the Tl, but the seat needs a little work there is a preaure point right on my tail bone, so ill prob send it out to itsagreatdaytoride this winter and have some gel added. The new wind shield is about perfect, while very tall I still can see over top to a proper sight line with out looking though it, it throws the wind right at the top of my helmet.(but with all the wind at that point now I think the helet is too noisey, but I wasn't usung my ear buds yesterday either) Other things I need to change or adjust is the clutch lever, I want it to grab sooner, I don't like how it don't grab till all the way out. And in the long run I might look into a stearing damper, but ill wait and if ibe a better feel for it. A bonous is my magnetic tank bag that I already had works perfect and where it sits I don't even have to remove it to put gas in.

The wife went with me and even though sore from riding to stiff(from me making her go on rt 669...lol) she said her new vstar is a far improvment over the shadow.

• 2 weeks later...

Little 2up off road action today with the little man, did some rut filled tractor trails, corn fields and a couple short hiking trails back in the Delaware lake wildlife area. Handled well in my opinion, but all the bouncing made my son sick. Here is a couple pics i took when we stopped at the lake.

Oh yea and i scored a set of Givi crash bars on ebay for $110 brand new delivered, some guy bought them and sold the bike before he intalled them

538584_3958043464358_161012993_n.jpg

574671_3958044304379_608509574_n.jpg

408200_3957380927795_1630991963_n.jpg

225004_3957382487834_1575230430_n.jpg

205898_3957384167876_1283847065_n.jpg

Edited by 2talltim