Looking for an Amsoil Dealer

DTM Brian

I have a friend that just bought some of their oil and paid the annual fee to get wholesale prices. Since you're in Cbus there is a distribution center there, so maybe you could order it through him and just pick it up down there.

But I thought that you could go to the distribution center and buy it directly at wholesale pricing. I could be wrong but it might be worth checking to see if that's accurate.

Let me know you want to try working something out.

Thanks for the info..

I would really like to talk to someone as well about it. I am using valvoline full synthetic right now and it is breaking down causing the car to burn oil after about 100 miles. The piston rings are set up loose for boost and the E85 tends to dilute oil much faster. I am told their are better oils out their that will not lose their film strength as fast.

I am only seeing oil consuption once engine temps are around 190 degrees.

I'd say to give them a call directly and get your questions about the oil answered. While you have them on the line ask about getting the oil at the distribution center directly at wholesale.

Either way, if you need something just let me know. I'm planning on switching over the oil in all of my car at their next oil changes. I'm still not entirely sure about actually running my SS 10-15k miles before changing the oil when using it. But that's what they say can be done when using their oils....longer service intervals.

all oils are the same I'm told. lol

btw, I'm sure the dealer might tell you this as this is what one told me. don't run racing oil in a daily driver. it actually breaks down faster than standard oil. it's only meant for short term(miles) use.

you'd probably be better off with something like this, http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/xlf.aspx

Edited by serpentracer

Which Motor Oil Is Best for Engines Using E85 Fuel

For E85, Mobil says to use Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40 fully synthetic motor oil

It has increased amounts of acid neutralizers.

So any synthetic "turbo diesel" 5W-40?

edit: water and alcohol can create formic acid in the crankcase/engine. But water isn't normally found in the oil.

Haven't seen anything relating to loss of viscosity... (that makes any sense, but apparently other people have seen it happen.)

Edited by ReconRat

Which Motor Oil Is Best for Engines Using E85 Fuel

For E85, Mobil says to use Turbo Diesel Truck 5W-40 fully synthetic motor oil

It has increased amounts of acid neutralizers.

So any synthetic "turbo diesel" 5W-40?

edit: water and alcohol can create formic acid in the crankcase/engine. But normally isn't found in the oil.

Haven't seen anything relating to loss of viscosity... (that makes any sense, but apparently other people have seen it happen.)

kind of what amsoil says about their long life oil,

During normal engine operation, the combustion process creates acidic by-products that can lead to internal component corrosion and a reduction in the life expectancy of the engine oil and engine itself. Formulated with extended-drain boost technology, AMSOIL XL Synthetic Motor Oils employ high-quality synthetic base stocks and a unique additive chemistry to neutralize acids longer than conventional oils. The extra additive package effectively raises the Total Base Number (TBN), a measure of an oil’s useful service life, and provides superior protection and performance throughout the entire drain interval.