Poker Run - Sat., Sept. 8

Marlo

Rev up your engines and get ready for a doggone good time! The volunteers of For the Love of Pits® would like to invite you to attend our upcoming fundraiser on September 8, 2012.

We will start out at The Handlebar in Eastlake beginning at 9am for a free breakfast buffet. The first bike out is at 12:30pm and we'll make our way to Mayfield Hts. and then onto Chesterland, Geneva and Perry. The route ends back at The Handlebar where winners will be announced at 6:00pm and we will have drink and food specials. There will also be raffles, prizes, music and games throughout the day plus we'll have some of our adoptable dogs along the route and at the after party. Tickets are $15 per bike/rider and $5 per passenger. All proceeds from this event will benefit homeless and neglected pit bulls in Northeast Ohio.

Please email Marlo (marlo@fortheloveofpits.org) for more information and to purchase tickets in advance. Tickets are also available in advance at The Handle Bar on Vine St. in Eastlake and the day of the event.

POKERRUN7_27.jpg

FYI- I'll be attending some of the local bike nights to sell tickets. If you're interested in tickets, let me know and I'll be sure to attend one near you. (Only a couple of weeks away so I need to plan which ones I'll be at!)

You're not going to find a whole lot of people on here who want to ride with a bunch of guys that start drinking at 9am, generally don't wear gear and ride in a huge pack from bar to bar.....that's not really the scene here....more of the full gear, small group twisty back road kinda people.....

You're not going to find a whole lot of people on here who want to ride with a bunch of guys that start drinking at 9am, generally don't wear gear and ride in a huge pack from bar to bar.....that's not really the scene here....more of the full gear, small group twisty back road kinda people.....

Ditto.......

It's a charity poker run, if you're not interested then why say anything at all? :nono:

I don't know what it is lately but the more preachy and nazi everyone is the more it makes me want to do the exact opposite

Bad, not being preachy, un-knot your panties. Just sharing the info, this isn't exactly a poker run kind of site. If you really want to, go dress like a pirate and buy a loud, slow overpriced bike and prove your point...don't forget the miller highlife.

Life is too short to drink piss beers

my panties are quite un-knotted, I just don't see the need for everyone to shit in everyone elses cheerios lately. This place is starting to get like all the shitty forums I only use for classified ads...

This thread was started on the 15th and had zero activity until Marlo bumped it yesterday, I thought I'd let her know why. Now, I know you're not a poker run enthusiast, so why did you click this thread in the first place? Was it really to get all the details on the run, or was it to see what comments people were leaving?

Wow! I didn't mean to start any trouble! :eek:

Crazy: Thanks for the info! I respect the scene here and think it's great that you guys have a forum like this to get together for rides. Although the bar is offering drink specials at 9am, I'd be willing to bet that the majority of the people who show up are there to support us and our efforts; they won't be coming to get trashed. Unfortunately, our dogs receive a "bad rap" and alot of bikers do too!

Again, sorry to "stir the pot" so to speak! :stirpot:

I have done poker runs past 2 weekends and enjoy them.. my group usually doesnt drink, and we extend the ride as long as we end up at stops. I won $1000 a week ago and $75 last week since it was mostly a club ride with a few friends joining us... not bad deal to go ride with some friends for a few hrs.