Not too many pictures, but here's my vacation! v.White Mountains, New Hampshire.

Ryan_c_F

Sup guys.

Just got back yesterday from a week up at The Wiers, about two weeks before the Wiers Ride-In. My aunt owns a lodge up that way, and my folks and I drove up Thursday last.

Anyway, my dad and I rented...

Harleys.

Which I was a bit conflicted about at first TBH. I was at least hoping for a Buell, but no such luck. Turned out just fine though and I have a new appreciation for this particular machine:

480818_641107643647_538333832_n.jpg

2011 Street Glide "FLHX." Whatever that means. But it was pretty nicely appointed... Harmon Kardon speaker system with AUX inputs (not used), cruise control (not used), EFI (abused), Independent Anti-Lock brakes (used once), and a whole bunch of other bullshit on it. Pleasantly light clutch and even though the floorboards numbed the shit out of my feet within 20 minutes from a slight but constant vibration it was a very comfortable ride over 200 miles of:

481969_641197338897_1850837188_n.jpg

and:

IMAG1259.jpg

And lastly

IMAG1261.jpg

It was awesome.

Harley's aren't that bad, but I would never pay what they are asking for one.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

On those roads........SCRAPE, flying sparks, burning oil, loud and obnoxious, slow, no hp, shit brakes........I could go on and on. And for the record I have ridden a few Harleys.

On those roads........SCRAPE, flying sparks, burning oil, loud and obnoxious, slow, no hp, shit brakes........I could go on and on. And for the record I have ridden a few Harleys.

I've ridden 4 of them and the only one I actually liked was the Road King. You don't get a lot of bike for the price, but you do get the name. My VTX 1800 is loud and sparks fly off the pegs in the twisties too. However, it is as reliable as can be, well engineered, nice HP, and I didn't drop 25 grand on it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Sucks you had to ride those Hardly Ablesons, much harder to enjoy the awesome roads.

I actually REALLY enjoyed them. For the ride we took they were perfect for the job.

We were going slow, too... my dad hasn't been on a substantial ride for something like 17 years so I wasn't about to push the pace with him. Speed limit.

• Upvote 1

I'm in Dover' date=' NH right now. I have some free time.. but not much free money. I wonder if the drive is worth it in the pick-em-up truck?[/quote']

Kinda tame in a cage I'd think. The curves aren't really that exciting. Some very pretty vistas but the one of the mountain canyon I had to climb up a mossy hill to get.

I actually REALLY enjoyed them. For the ride we took they were perfect for the job.

We were going slow, too... my dad hasn't been on a substantial ride for something like 17 years so I wasn't about to push the pace with him. Speed limit.

All that matters!;)