Record high 53.6 mpg !

JBWalker

just thought i would share, yesterday i recorded a all time high of 53.6 mpg on my 05 v-strom DL1000. using 93 R+M/2 octane fuel w/sta-bil marine formula ethanol treatment. and this was no mileage run either. i ran 70-90 mph on super slab for 95 miles. then, another 80 miles on 2 lane main & back roads. including one 30 mile section that was so tite that i couldnt get any higher than 3rd & 4th. gear.

just thought i would share, yesterday i recorded a all time high of 53.6 mpg on my 05 v-strom DL1000. using 93 R+M/2 octane fuel w/sta-bil marine formula ethanol treatment. and this was no mileage run either. i ran 70-90 mph on super slab for 95 miles. then, another 80 miles on 2 lane main & back roads. including one 30 mile section that was so tite that i couldnt get any higher than 3rd & 4th. gear.

So what did that end up costing you per gallon for the premium fuel and the stabil? Just wondering if the increased mileage is worth the cost differential against mid-grade or premium fuel alone? Either way, those are impressive results for a 1000.

A steady 45mpg on mine, and if I run elevated speeds, I get 60mpg. First time I saw that I though it was an error. But it's done it again. Dunno. I would guess the fuel flow/cam over 6000 rpm is quite different.

So what did that end up costing you per gallon for the premium fuel and the stabil? Just wondering if the increased mileage is worth the cost differential against mid-grade or premium fuel alone? Either way, those are impressive results for a 1000.
yeah i'm saving $ over low octane and middle octane fuel. and i'm saving fuel too. maybe engine maintenance too. my strom showing 96k on the clock with no fail.