Getting a tattoo - advice needed

Scruit

I agree with the healing so far, and some skin areas heal differently than others. Most people have several skin types in various places. And some people heal faster/better than others. The inside of my elbow healed up harshly but its a "grainy" skin since its at a joint, whereas my forearm and underarm healed up great with zero scabbing and only flaking.

Once the majority of the color scab/flake has come off, the tattoo will still appear frosty until the final layers of dead skin are gone....but thats week 2 or 3. Once thats done, the piece will be more brilliant and the colors will "pop" again like the day it was done.

Just seen this thread. Sweet tattoo. I have both sleeves both legs,ribs and some back work oh and a foot too. That's just normall scabing you have there. I feel the legs take the longest and most painfull during the healing process. When its all done healing do your best to keep it out of the sun or use high SPF suncreen.

Mine started with a spider on the forearm. 12 years later I'm still getting work done..

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

All the scabbing and peeling is done. Still a layer or two of silver skin but the color is back really strong. I've been swimming, running and doing karate and it's great now. The last activity I have been avoiding was JuJitsu (because of the soft flaky skin getting rubbed off by the abrasive Gi). Not a problem now so back to JJ tonight.

For my tats I just wash them with normal soap and shower as usual and I use vitamin A&D ointment twice a day for 3-5 days depending on how its doing then I switch to gold bond ultimate healing lotion and my tattoo guy is always amazed at how quickly mine heal up.

4 hours on the shoulder down to the short sleeve, no biggie, minimal pain. Shading needles, meaning multiple needles are where you MIGHT feel a little sting, but once you get used to the buzzing of the needle, again, you'll be fine. I've gotten both shoulders and bicep areas done, wrist last week, I just zone out and ignore the needle. Don't hype yourself up. Plenty of water, eat a decent meal before you go. You can talk to Octane about anything, my artists are great listeners and we talk about everything. Awesome tribute piece. I know people that have had Octane do their work, great artist, good choice.