Apple announces iPhone5

Scruit

That story was about how google stole the design from Apple. Now as far as them suing and winning, they have. Against googles major partners for the android OS.

Thank you. You have once again proved my point. You say that Apple has won suits against Google and then follow that up with "against Google's partners for the OS".

A quote from your post: "In the complicated world of patent litigation, it's actually easier for Apple to go after Samsung and other handset manufacturers than to take on Google directly."

I will say it again for ya, Apple has not and cannot take on Google ITSELF. If they really wanted to have "thermonuclear" war with Google then Job's should have used his pair before they shriveled up from chemo and took on Google.

I just like poking the Apple by the way. :D

i think Ford should sue the whole world....all these car companies out here putting motors into chassis and selling them as their own...how dare them copy

You, sir have some rep coming. :lol:

LOL, What makes you think this? Apple not a big enough company? Not enough financial resources? Apple is very calculated in what they do, if they can prevent Samsung from selling copies in the US it will end the droid here. Samsung is the only company selling any kind of volume to compete with the iphone in the states. We will see in December when the injunction ruling comes out. Like them or not, they are doing things no company has done in my lifetime.

BTW, I am long aapl. :D

I will say it again for ya, Apple has not and cannot take on Google ITSELF.

LOL! Calculated? What makes you think this? If Apple is so huge and financially threatening to all that takes something they started, make it better, and give it away for FREE, why doesn't it go after Google? Samsung was sued mainly for their DESIGN, not because they use Android. They made it look and work like an iPhone. If they could have done the same thing using DOS they'd still get sued by Apple!

If Android is a blatant rip off of Apple OS, they should have some legal ground, right? Nope, because if it were THEY'D GO AFTER GOOGLE!

What's next, Apple to sue Microsoft because their OS can run applications?

:D

Ok a question for all you Iphone fanboys, esp the ones that insist on the newest one out every time and forgo food and sex with multiple stippers to wait in line or on line to get the newest one as soon as preorder starts............Do I have to preorder? Cant I just go to the Verizon store and pick one up next Fri? Web says in stores next Friday. I use an independent Verizon retailer not a corporate store too if that changes things.

My droid is on its last leg and I am switching, dont know how much longer mine will keep working so want to get it sooner than later but would rather go pick it up from my guy at the store. Thoughts from the experts?

Tough question to answer since no one knows what demand will be compared to how stocked the supply chain will be. I can say they have gotten tons better at filling the pipeline with product at launch times but you never know. They are predicting this will be the biggest upgrade cycle ever for the iphone since many skipped the 4s. Analysts predicting 10million sold first week. Who knows. If you know which one you want just preorder and have it delivered to your house. I got my 4s the day they were released and you can activate them yourself.

Either way if you switch, you'll see why everyone sticks with them. No reboots, no need to pull the battery to reset it, no lockups, etc. LOL.

Ok a question for all you Iphone fanboys, esp the ones that insist on the newest one out every time and forgo food and sex with multiple stippers to wait in line or on line to get the newest one as soon as preorder starts............Do I have to preorder? Cant I just go to the Verizon store and pick one up next Fri? Web says in stores next Friday. I use an independent Verizon retailer not a corporate store too if that changes things.

My droid is on its last leg and I am switching, dont know how much longer mine will keep working so want to get it sooner than later but would rather go pick it up from my guy at the store. Thoughts from the experts?