Embassy attacks

Casper

I'm not going to get in a tizzy about the called in bomb threats. That seems to be SOP whenever anything like this happens...domestic or foreign.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be taken seriously, but If you REALLY want to blow something up, you're probably not going to call the police and let them know you planted the bombs.

As far as the embassy rioting goes, I wouldn't be surprised if the majority of it was opportunistic militants looking for any excuse to blow shit up. There could've been a price increase on coffee at 7-11, and that would've been all the excuse they needed to start some shit.

true, we can't hold all countries to the same standard as the US (culturally and other wise), but youtube is an american company that just happens to be used world wide (like many other american based companies). if that particular country can't handle the free-ness, they need to work out an arrangement with said company (like china tried with google) and generally sack up.

i hope that these really are random sprinkles of angry civilians... because if it is ever found out that they are organized and planned actions, they're going to get visits with uncle flash gang bangs and cousin double taps. and if it comes to that, everyone else is going to be sooooooo mad cause they'll make it look like it was civilians getting pwned, not organized militant groups.

and if it comes to that, everyone else is going to be sooooooo mad cause they'll make it look like it was civilians getting pwned, not organized militant groups.

This is what I believe is happening now.

They spread the lie that this video was broadcast on national television to incite the rioting, and spooled up the RPG's when the opportunity presented itself.

The average citizen in Egypt doesn't condone this.

I just want to clarify my understanding of the background info...

1 they claim they are doing this in response to a anti Muslim film

2 we found the creator of said film

3 we are now protecting said creator

4 creator is middle eastern himself with a lengthy felony record

Hand the fucktard over to them and remind them its their own.

Give them a time frame to cease and desist before we bring the fucking hail storm

I have a theory' date=' but not sure how accurate it is. Too many "right people" in the "right places" to not be organized. Put the "film" out there, get the locals all riled up and then send in your militants among the locals and go to war with the embassy. This isn't random acts of disgruntled civilians. It just looks like that's what it is. What's happening now is just typical middle-eastern mentality. The embassy attacks were calculated. And they weren't rushed by street thugs. I read claims that there was a 16 hour battle at the embassy in Egypt.

I think somebody has stepped into Bin Laden's shoes and there's a new sheriff in town.[/quote']

Given the nature of the perps, it's not that far fetched, Pauly. I did read earlier this week that U.S. troops apparently killed the 2nd in command for Al Qaeda at that moment, which obviously sparked some shit. But I wouldn't dismiss your ideas entirely. Nowadays, you never know.

I think it is organized to a certain extent. The killing of Ambassador Stevens was for sure organized. but the riots are not entirely. you have to realize that most 20 somethings in most middle east countries are not employed as there is not enough work to do. I'm not saying it's a catalyst but it sure is the fuel that keeps it going. Idle hands...

Also if you have nothing to lose then why not? add in a few organized fundamentalists to be the catalyst and boom, you got an Arab Spring and Embassy Riots.

I have a theory' date=' but not sure how accurate it is. Too many "right people" in the "right places" to not be organized. Put the "film" out there, get the locals all riled up and then send in your militants among the locals and go to war with the embassy. This isn't random acts of disgruntled civilians. It just looks like that's what it is. What's happening now is just typical middle-eastern mentality. The embassy attacks were calculated. And they weren't rushed by street thugs. I read claims that there was a 16 hour battle at the embassy in Egypt.

I think somebody has stepped into Bin Laden's shoes and there's a new sheriff in town.[/quote']

Pauly, I'm 100% with you on this.