Spotted 2008 Zx-10

rockybalboa

I'll give you some lead time on a big ride...so you can meet the peeps. All good dudes up there. We have a lot of fun.

They have a track day this Saturday (tomorrow) but I have other plans. They do a shit load of rides during the year. I'll keep you posted. We can ride up, or throw em in the trailer and do it that way.

Yeah I'll ride up that way and throw the bike in the trailor. I used to work in dearborn and live in ann arbor I bet I will run into a few old coworkers that ride.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious? The fit and finish was better on the KAW.? I HATE yamaha, and I will admit that their fit is finish is as good if not better than any other japanesse brands.The dealer must have done the finishing assembly with a hammer.

dayumm...I don't know you that well but you don't have to be a hater of Yamaha...:supergay:

I had that trouble once.I was camping when some guy tried to stab me,I took the knife then punched him. One time and one time only,then he almost died.Guess who got to spend the night in jail?I have stopped punching people!At least now I tell them they need a signed fight contract or I'm not intrested!

yeah...that makes me feel a lot safer when I'm around you..:rolleyes:

I actually am willing to pay to see this fight....

to anyone who's responsible to organize the fight, please pm me a date and time and entrance fee. Ahhh...something in me just reawakened, just got that tingling feeling of sparing again...it's been awhile....

I actually am willing to pay to see this fight....

to anyone who's responsible to organize the fight, please pm me a date and time and entrance fee. Ahhh...something in me just reawakened, just got that tingling feeling of sparing again...it's been awhile....

You and me bitch.... Tomorrow in the park... at high noon. :metal:

Kawi is the Alpha male. :D

quoted for truth!!!

but its sad how it gets no respect. just picked up a sport rider magazine for giggles and sure enought the 14 vs. busa comparo was in it. and what do ya know they pretty much loved everything about the 14 even said it was "what the first gen zx-14 should have been." the quote about the busa that stood out to me the most was "refined but not redefined".

so who do you think comes out on top like usual? exactly the company that spends way more advertisement money with the magazine!!!! :mad:

o and back to the original topic of this thread for a monent before dick measuring contest resumes...... this issue was also the first ride for the new ten and they said the clip-on looking turn sigs actually serve a purpose. "the turn signals in the mirror stalks dirredt airflow over the rider's shoulders." just read it and thought about this thread.

now hurry and get the tape measures back out boy im finished :D

quoted for truth!!!

this issue was also the first ride for the new ten and they said the clip-on looking turn sigs actually serve a purpose. "the turn signals in the mirror stalks dirredt airflow over the rider's shoulders." just read it and thought about this thread.

I heard that at the IMS and from the Kaw dealer. I know they put a lot of thought into the bike...it just doesn't translate into a pleasing to the eye look for most people. Trust me, as soon as i saw those things I thought, "They HAD to have put those on for a reason. Too ugly not to!"

What else did they say about the 10? Everything I've read so far has been favorable. Has anyone verified Kaw's engine spec claims?

192hp and it has the new kims (kawi ignition managment system). and they didnt leave alot untouched according to sport rider.

the people from kawi pretty much just made sure over and over again in the article what the new bike was all about. "all of the zx-10r's development took place on the racing circuit. every chande we made was for superior performance on the circuit first all else was of secondary importance." the quote from project leader yasuhia okabe.

but i did did like one of the final statements in the article cuz it really did kinda define a kawi rider, "Most people in the market for the new kawasaki wont really be concerned about ergos, vibration, or wind protection. they'll only be interesed in its performance. and in the area the $11549 zx-10r definitely has the goods."

192? I thought it was in the 170 range?!?! Is 192 for the 14?

The last 3-4 years of ZX10 development has always been about the track. They said that about to 06-07. It's true...my damn bike has no hazard lights or gear indicator. At first I was pissed...and then I slowly started to realize that this was definately a track bike. The last piece clicked into place when I noticed how easy it was to shift my weight across the gas tank when laying it into the corners. Riding it normally in the street, I couldnt figure out why Kaw was making me sit that way!! To drive the point home, Kaw gave me a lap timer instead of hazards and gear indicator. I don't miss the hazards (only once did I wish I had them) and the gear indicator (don't need it). Lap timers come in handy on the track..once you get some experience.

192 at the CRANK! Not RWHP! Most that already have it are getting low 170's at the rear piped and mapped good.

I've been a suscriber to SPORTRIDER since 2002. That's me with the EDITOR in that post whore thread KawiKid. Kent Kunitsugu. He's a great guy and knows his shit.

Ninja nick whatz up? are you going to dyno days? Maybe we can ride down together. You gotta go through springfield anyways. Let me know.

I'd love to man! Is it a weekend?? I have 4 weeks vacation and already used 2. :nono: I have 2 left, but already have them all planned out for the 4th and X-mas.

Sure did. Visited a friend who is a member here but never post from Fairborn today who has a '06 636 and hung out for a little bit and helped him put engine ice in for his putnam trackday next Saturday. After that I got jiggy a little bit on back roads from fairborn to Xenia, to Bellbrook, to Kettering. ;)

Sooooooooo, it's NOT on the weekend??

192 at the CRANK! Not RWHP! Most that already have it are getting low 170's at the rear piped and mapped good.

I've been a suscriber to SPORTRIDER since 2002. That's me with the EDITOR in that post whore thread KawiKid. Kent Kunitsugu. He's a great guy and knows his shit.

i kinda figured.

what did you think of that article comparing 14 and 'busa? was it me or did it seem like it was pretty much the better bike in the article but they changed their tune when the score card came up?

The Busas marketing is amazing kawikid. Hayabusa is a household name. So much of a household name most of your Harley riders and people that don't even ride bikes know about them. Nobody ever heard of the Ninja14 except sportbike riders practically. Most people say "What bike is that" when they see a 14. Even if the 14 had 400hp, they will find a way to make the Busa sound superior. Thery're both EVEN though in reality man. So even that it's the rider that determines which is faster. The 14 though always wins in the handling department though.