Charity Raffle - 2011 Triumph Daytona 675 with 2,500 miles

TRMN8TR

Yep 100% class by Brandon, straight forward through the whole event, and even made sure he had nothing to do with the name drawing.

But in the end, what matters is what we were able to help with, and that's his brothers recovery.

Soapbox; my wife is a physical therapist, I have a pretty good idea what people pay for rehabilitation in order to meet what is needed to be able to live at home, and trust me, this isn't cheap. When I say that, think year's salary, think more than that for most of us, that isn't counting the actual surgery or anything. End soap box.

What we did was help someone who is a family member of "our" family. Brandon, although is just not getting his post count to whore status, is a huge part of the OR family. He is helpful at trackdays and race days, he is very fun to hangout with, and he does have a ton of knowledge and skill. He probably knows more about Triumphs than most people here, at least how to race them. And what OR did was help to support his true brother in his recovery to a normal life.

For that, I give OR Kudos, and hope that we look at all $ spent in that way. The bike was cool and all, but in the end, who cares, it's about helping family.

Thanks John. :)

I have horrible luck with winning shit. I never when raffles or lottery, or any of that crap. My brother was skateboarding a few months back and broke his right ankle in 3 spots, he's still not up and being normal. I bought the tickets because I know what it's like to feel for my brother being helpless (not as help less as Brandon's brother though) and it kills me watching him struggle. Sorry I couldn't stay much longer last night, just had a work Christmas party to get to. I'm glad things went as well as they did and I pray your brother have as speedy as a recovery as he can. What you did for him is rare, I only hope your brother appreciates it as much as the rest of us give you mad props for it.

I have horrible luck with winning shit. I never when raffles or lottery, or any of that crap. My brother was skateboarding a few months back and broke his right ankle in 3 spots, he's still not up and being normal. I bought the tickets because I know what it's like to feel for my brother being helpless (not as help less as Brandon's brother though) and it kills me watching him struggle. Sorry I couldn't stay much longer last night, just had a work Christmas party to get to. I'm glad things went as well as they did and I pray your brother have as speedy as a recovery as he can. What you did for him is rare, I only hope your brother appreciates it as much as the rest of us give you mad props for it.

Thanks Brandon, glad you could stop out and I got to meet you. Look forward to seeing you on some rides next year.

I know my brother will appreciate it. I wouldn't have done it if I thought otherwise. When I called to tell him the results, and how many tickets were sold and the total I (we, you all) raised for him he started to break down a little and was at a loss for words.

• 1 month later...

Haha unfortunately I know he did not have it out. The guy who won doesn't have a license or even permit to ride it yet. His only experience on 2 wheels was riding a scooter in Brazil for a few weeks. I am trying to take him "under my wing" so to speak and strongly suggesting he takes the MSF class before he starts riding it. I gave him a cheap helmet I had that's been sitting collecting dust, and told him I would call to remind him in Feb when you can start signing up for the classes.

I know, that's why I'm doing my best to help him out. He says he doesn't know if he will keep it but at least wants to ride it before he decides to sell or not. I think he'll probably wind up selling it and getting something more practical as a starter bike.

Haha unfortunately I know he did not have it out. The guy who won doesn't have a license or even permit to ride it yet. His only experience on 2 wheels was riding a scooter in Brazil for a few weeks. I am trying to take him "under my wing" so to speak and strongly suggesting he takes the MSF class before he starts riding it. I gave him a cheap helmet I had that's been sitting collecting dust, and told him I would call to remind him in Feb when you can start signing up for the classes.

Get him to a parking lot with a dirt bike, then MSF, then someone do a temporary trade with jinu's SV

No reason to sell the bike!