Noob with a sob story

DamonC

Hi everybody,

Just joined up. I'm in Granville. I ride a 2008 Ducati Hypermotard.

The sob story is that my wife surprised me with a 2012 Panagale, which I promptly slammed into a deer on its maiden voyage. 8 miles on the clock. So, it's at Motohio getting new plastics, headlight, and stomach contents cleaned out of the radiator.

Anyway, I'm unscathed and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm always down for a ride and have a lot of free time, so let me know. Thanks.

Hi everybody,

Just joined up. I'm in Granville. I ride a 2008 Ducati Hypermotard.

The sob story is that my wife surprised me with a 2012 Panagale, which I promptly slammed into a deer on its maiden voyage. 8 miles on the clock. So, it's at Motohio getting new plastics, headlight, and stomach contents cleaned out of the radiator.

Anyway, I'm unscathed and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm always down for a ride and have a lot of free time, so let me know. Thanks.

That blows. Welcome to the club anyways.....Duc killer!:D

Ducs, I don't get the hype. Never have. Enjoy what you like is my moto though. I never have been one to care what others think. So enjoy your Ducati love and realize it's just my opinion. Hell I'm a Kawi and MV Agusta guy.

Welcome!

Sorry sweetheart, I do not get the hype. It was a nice gesture, but I have never cared for Ducati's. Thanks anyway.

His WIFE bought it for him. Change his name to John Kerry. :D

:lol:

Too good! Thanks for the welcomes, guys.

Funny thing is, 3 years/15K miles on the hyper and I've never had anything like that. Gotta make your insurance claims really count!

• Upvote 1

Damon, we all like to have fun. So don't take things personal and you will enjoy the site. Some will annoy you, but just ignore them. We have ups and downs like anywhere else.

Now, the preacher guy "sweetheart" comment lost me and looks like it was addressed towards me since he quoted my post, but I just brushed it off because I'll never know the guy most likely.

Post pics of the high end Duc if you got any before the 8 miles.

Damon, we all like to have fun. So don't take things personal and you will enjoy the site. Some will annoy you, but just ignore them. We have ups and downs like anywhere else.

Now, the preacher guy "sweetheart" comment lost me and looks like it was addressed towards me since he quoted my post, but I just brushed it off because I'll never know the guy most likely.

Post pics of the high end Duc if you got any before the 8 miles.

I don't sweat it. I've had several bikes, and each one had plenty of critics. I never got that, but whatever. Life's short!