Watched SNL last night... well, as much as I could stomach...

jester3681

Let me pose the question here... watched SNL last night, and it's pretty horrible. There were few bright spots in the 30 minutes or so I could choke down. What happened? Here's my question:

Was SNL really better when we were younger, or were we just at the age where it was funny and now we look back in a mist of nostalgia?

Discuss!

Also, Mumford & Sons is just awful. Maybe they're a better studio band, but an empty stage would have been better for those four minutes I won't get back. :cry:

SNL just cant pull the talent it used too. Im guessing it has to do with the fact that there are more opportunities out there for funny people, writers etc. today than there was in the late 70's and early 80's. The show has sucked for a long time now.

It stopped being good after Ofallon, tracy morgan, tina fey ,amy poller, the fat guy, etc... Left. They were the last hilarious crew. These days the cast isn't famous at all because it is lame. I loved it from when I could remember in the 80's to the crew I mentioned. Now I forgot it existed.

I changed the channel. and again, and again...

imo there's almost nothing but crap on tv

That's why I got rid of my T.V. IN 2006...haven't missed it at all!

I was in my teens when the original SNL aired...I don't think they will ever top the original cast.I can still remember King Tut,The Killer Bees,The Coneheads,Smarui T.V. Repairman,Weekend News(Jane you ignorant slut),Roseann Roseannadana,Landshark,and on and on.How can you top that shit?

Edited by drc32-0

Let me pose the question here... watched SNL last night, and it's pretty horrible. There were few bright spots in the 30 minutes or so I could choke down. What happened? Here's my question:

Was SNL really better when we were younger, or were we just at the age where it was funny and now we look back in a mist of nostalgia?

Discuss!

Also, Mumford & Sons is just awful. Maybe they're a better studio band, but an empty stage would have been better for those four minutes I won't get back. :cry:

What I can't stand is how one sided they have become.....I don't mind them picking on politicians as long as they go after everyone. Not happening anymore. As far as the music part of the show.... I would have to say that since the very first show till now...I can count on my fingers the number of guests that I did not hit the mute or turn down the volume on the tv....99% of their musical guests SUCK ! Even some of the good guests choose the worst music to preform. I would love to see them just eliminate that part of the show....rather just watch commercials than listen to the CRAP they call music.....it's like rap....just missing the "c"

What I can't stand is how one sided they have become.....I don't mind them picking on politicians as long as they go after everyone. Not happening anymore.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Not to hijack this into a political thread, but it's been pretty liberal for the past 5-10 years.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Not to hijack this into a political thread, but it's been pretty liberal for the past 5-10 years.

Imagine that, a TV show on NBC, by NBC is liberal... :rolleyes:

I barely even realized that the show was still on the air! I can't remember the last time I watched it all the way through...