My trip to Missouri

dustinsn3485

I seem to do a lot of riding, but never take any pictures. Furthermore, I generally never talk about my rides to very many people. I'll share this ride and couple pictures to go with it...

This weekend took me to South Central Missouri, what you may consider the Northern most Ozarks. I'm in awe of all of the roads in that area, and so close to St. Louis. This was my maiden ride on a new to me 2011 Ninja 1000 and let me say that I am in love. A review of that bike needs its own thread at some point in time. Anyway, my father has a Kawasaki C14 and is a member of the Concourse Owners Group. I seem to tag along to a lot of their rally's and this was just another one that was really a great time.

We stayed outside of Steelville, MO at the Huzzah Valley campgrounds. There were multiple options for accommodations, tents, cabins, a mini-hotel, hostels. Now on the the roads, they really were amazing. Rt. 19 is a road. MO has some interesting road marks and many are letters, it seems like many of the lettered roads were quite spectacular. Because of my new bike purchase on Thursday morning, we lost a day of riding and didn't get to ride as many roads as we wanted, but the roads we did get to ride were just awesome.

Over-all I put 1078 miles on the new bike From Thurs at 2p-Sun 5p.

Mine and my fathers bike

IMG_9872.JPG

The bikes and our lodging

IMG_9878.JPG

Riding home today, where we crossed the mighty Mississippi. Chester, IL

IMG_9891.JPG

• Upvote 2