MotoSeries Round 9 at Nelson Ledges, Oct 13th & 14th

TRMN8TR

Definitely take care of that suspension. We will probably end up doing the same thing re-springing front and rear and a fluid refresh.

I was considering doing the school early just to get it over with....that way if I have the option to go to Putnam or Grattan, it won't just be for a single day on the track.

May have no chance at competing against anyone, but it would be a good experience.

We all get lapped at some point in our racing endeavours, trust me. Biggest thing when wanting to go racing is to have fun, be open finding fun in it despite getting slaughtered by better racers. Which is why we like motoseries. There are many levels of racers to compete with, fast to slower. So you have competition to battle against. (Brandon, Matt, Mike & I) had great races despite not being the fastest.

I don't mind being lapped, except when it's a 2-wave start.

If the expert leaders are going to lap me - then fine. They shouldn't need a 50 yard head-start to do it...

And for whatever reason, it always seems like I get lapped just as I'd be starting my final lap of the race, so I get shorted a full lap because the experts pass me in the(ir) final turn, and then beat me to the line.

That's most annoying when you're chasing someone, and he beats the experts to the line, but you don't. Your race is over, and all you can do is watch him run away, knowing that you could have at least made a few last-ditch efforts at gaining one more position.

2-wave starts suck.

Was being sarcastic about the finishing position; its not so much I worry/care about being lapped or position....hell I should be being lapped, done 5 track days and no racing....its the safety implications of having semi-inconsistent lines while others are pushing in a sprint.

I'll just go by my gut next year, plan do to do the race school early and if I feel confident enough I'll start jumping into some races.

The way I look at it is: whether or not I'm getting demolished by other people, it is more time on the track....and maybe I can sneak in a tow from one of those riders and learn a few things.

Yeah, and ask Brandon about Jeff Agnes lapping me at the finish line, allowing him to beat me! :cry:

The only thing worse then that is beating someone to the finish line, only to find out they didn't count that lap because they took to long getting the flag out. So we're even!

You know Mary, for an extra $140 you can just join us in the festivities on the track instead of sitting around it.

:D

Been there, done that. I raced for over 6 years and my husband is a lifer with WERA. Been to just about every track in the east and south. We were STT instructors for a couple years. I'm in a different season of my life. I'll get back on the track someday but I've got dirt bikes to buy for myself and the kids so that's the priority now.

But I would like to come and watch a race again especially since I don't go to the AMA races anymore.

Mary

i'm not a big fan of the 2 wave start, but ridersdiscount brings up a good point. on one of the mock starts on sat, we had a staggered start where the front people were ahead of the rest of the group by 3-5 rows but they started at the same time. that could be the cure for the T1 clusterfuck? or i'm completely delusional, and that didnt actually happen and i'm remembering it all wrong.

I'm not a fan of 2 wave starts because I they sometimes cause me to think 1 wave starts are 2 wave leaving me on the grid getting passed my everyone when I have my hand raised with everyone else in gear ready to go.

I am never gonna live that down it embarrassed the shit out of me lol