Ohio Democrats introduce bill to effectively kill concealed carry in Ohio

2fat2fly

you come over to my house, hang out, have a good time... take your gun out of your holster or your holster off your belt (whatever the case may be) then you have a good time pass out drunk or whatever, go home without your gun. Next morning my niece comes over picks it up, and bam... instant tragedy.

you come over to my house, hang out, have a good time... take your gun out of your holster or your holster off your belt (whatever the case may be) then you have a good time pass out drunk or whatever, go home without your gun. Next morning my niece comes over picks it up, and bam... instant tragedy.

first of all, do you really need the government to pass a law for this not to happen?

Second if this is somehow an issue, simply ask the friend not to leave the gun laying around to be forgotten.

Thirdly, maybe I'm just not as dumb as people you know or think of but if im carrying a gun anywhere and taking it off the first thing I'm doing is checking its on me before I leave

Edited by Bad324
  • Upvote 1

If I am armed it doesn't matter where I am I will not drink because I will not leave my gun anywhere

Edited by conn-e-rot
typo
  • Upvote 1

If you left a gun laying around for your niece to pick up and shoot herself in the head, um maybe YOU should be in jail?!? Just sayin'.

You don't need the government to tell you to make sure you don't have guns laying around. And if you ARE one of those people who need that, then you should tell your friends that you're an irresponsible cunt, and if they are going to be irresponsible cunts and leave their firearms laying around at your house, they need to NOT come over when they're carrying.

Simple as that.

• Upvote 2

As a responsible gun owner/carrier it is YOUR job to safely carry AND store your weapon REGARDLESS of where you're at.

We don't yet another stupid ass law telling the typically competent gun owners what to do.

/thread

• Upvote 2

first of all, do you really need the government to pass a law for this not to happen?

Second if this is somehow an issue, simply ask the friend not to leave the gun laying around to be forgotten.

Thirdly, maybe I'm just not as dumb as people you know or think of but if im carrying a gun anywhere and taking it off the first thing I'm doing is checking its on me before I leave

Common sense for the win :D

Oh please, please mommy government save us from ourselves :nono:

• Upvote 1

It's all for show. It's been introduced into the 129th General Assembly which only has 3 calendar months left to run. It will expire if not passed. It will never pass. There's too much pro-CCW momentum, and not enough time.

And you votes won't matter as any action taken on this legislation will happen prior to the people voted in in November taking office.

"Flame suit on", but I'm not opposed to safe storage laws *for unattended firearms* in homes with kids.

• Upvote 1

I would hope not, but similar events have occurred

What if you don't know they left it/took it off?

Kudos to you sir.

If I am armed it doesn't matter where I am I will not drink because I will not leave my gun anywhere

Kudos to you sir

If you left a gun laying around for your niece to pick up and shoot herself in the head, um maybe YOU should be in jail?!? Just sayin'.

I didn't leave it, I may not have even known you had one, you came over, you left it at my house.

You don't need the government to tell you to make sure you don't have guns laying around. And if you ARE one of those people who need that, then you should tell your friends that you're an irresponsible cunt, and if they are going to be irresponsible cunts and leave their firearms laying around at your house, they need to NOT come over when they're carrying.

Simple as that.

May be that simple if you know.. if not what legal recourse do you have?

As a responsible gun owner/carrier it is YOUR job to safely carry AND store your weapon REGARDLESS of where you're at.

We don't yet another stupid ass law telling the typically competent gun owners what to do.

/thread

if the world were full of competent people, I would agree...

magley has to do 50 push ups as recompense for being a jerk

i guess

Common sense for the win :D

Oh please, please mommy government save us from ourselves :nono:

I don't care what you do with your gun in your own house.

It's all for show. It's been introduced into the 129th General Assembly which only has 3 calendar months left to run. It will expire if not passed. It will never pass. There's too much pro-CCW momentum, and not enough time.

just as I thought

What if you don't know they left it/took it off?

I didn't leave it, I may not have even known you had one, you came over, you left it at my house.

I think both your points here can be summed up to this: Again anyone that calls themselves a friend or family member would not leave their gun lying around another friend or family members house without the homeowner(s) having knowledge of such. You don't need a law for that

And you votes won't matter as any action taken on this legislation will happen prior to the people voted in in November taking office.

To a certain extent I agree with you about the dog and pony show. At the same time I still feel these two tools should be voted out of office to show them how we feel about the Constitution and the Second Amendment. When I joined the military I swore an oath to protect and defend the Constitution against all enemies foreign and domestic. I categorize anyone who would wipe their @$$ with the Second Amendment as an enemy of the Constitution. And the oath I swore never had an expiration date on it. The only way I currently have to defend the Constitution is with my vote, so......Unfortunately they are not in my district.

"Flame suit on", but I'm not opposed to safe storage laws *for unattended firearms* in homes with kids.

I'm more for education of the kids and their parents about safe firearms handling.

I think both your points here can be summed up to this: Again anyone that calls themselves a friend or family member would not leave their gun lying around another friend or family members house without the homeowner(s) having knowledge of such. You don't need a law for that

Well, I would equate it to DUI laws. The law doesn't prevent all DUIs, but I would refuse to believe that it hasn't stopped any. There are three groups of folks when ti comes to storage of guns around kids...

1) Sensible people who can be trusted to keep them away from kids without laws

2) Idiots who will leave their guns lying around and never spare a thought for if a kid can find it

3) Average folks who might not always remember to store it safe, but would be motivated to be safe by the risk of the law's consequences

You and I are both in the first group. Nobody is every gonna reach the second group until a kid is dead in that house. The third group, though, would benefit for the law. We just need it worded in a way that the people in the first group can go about their business as usual because they're already doing the right thing.

I wrote to Mr. Patmon. I wonder what response I'll get.

Think he'll come out and admit to the dog and pony show? I sent the letter before I realized that "unacted upon the legislation will expire on 12/31".

Awesome! Please let us know what the response is (if any).

"The bottom line is that if these two Democrats had their way, licensees would need permission to exercise their Constitutional right to bear arms for self-defense almost anywhere they go."

Uh, you mean the "right" you already have to train, get permission and pay to excercise?

Just one more reason to NEVER vote for a democrat.

Gosh durn democrats. :rolleyes: