Why are we so rude online?

vw151

I try to be a nice person and use my manners in both realms of interaction but I also can't seem to tolerate abject stupidity. I have this character defect where if someone obliviously does or says something just idiotic, I have to inform them of their status as a mouth-breather...its an abrasive quality that ensures about half the people I interact with won't want a repeat performance, which is fine because half the people I meet are fucking idiots...except on here, I'd have to say there are only a couple that I've encountered on ORDN and most of those people don't stay long.

There was a certain member a while back, that i got into a friendly dispute with. All rather stupid. However, what i was trying to explain to him was, the nature in which he was speaking to me would never be said in person. His response was he was behind a keyboard and what could i do to him? It wouldn't be worth it, but i'll leave it at this. OHIOriders.net

If for some reason this member see's this, not trying to bring up old issues, just stating an argument (my only argument) pertaining to this thread.

Edited by NightRider

There was a certain member a while back, that i got into a friendly dispute with. All rather stupid. However, what i was trying to explain to him was, the nature in which he speaking was speaking to me would never be said in person. His response was he was behind a keyboard and what could i do to him? It wouldn't be worth it, but i'll leave it at this. OHIOriders.net

If for some reason this member see's this, not trying to bring up old issues, just stating an argument (my only argument) pertaining to this thread.

I hope for his sake he doesn't see any recent pics of you. Excellent job by the way Shawn!

Anonymity makes people do strange things.

I try to be reasonably careful with my online communication, since once something is out there, it's out there forever. I'm not really very confrontational in person either, though and I feel like my online 'persona' is pretty similar to my actual personality.

Thanks Jeff! I appreciate it. I love your hockey pics, that's always been a sport i have wanted to try. How long have you been playing?

I've been on skates ever since I was a kid, but I haven't started playing in beer leagues until about 2003. Cost of entry is a little high to get all the gear, but it's fun as hell once you get started. If you're interested, there's probably a spot for a sub opening up on our team for next session in the Winter.

I blame parenting. All the internet thugs seem to be have been born in the mid 90s and are know it alls. I only get worked up over death threats when someone is like" oh fag biker don't stand a chance against my pick up" then I tend to get a bit irate.

Seeing how I was raised in the 80s and if I stepped out of line my parents would kick my ass or the neighbors would have. I think being raised that way makes me a better person and I care how people perceive me.

Now it's illegal to even spank your child. So know you have all these little pricks that need an old fashion ass whipping being Johnny tough guy on the web. Those are the same guys that act tough and then when you see them they hide and call the cops. I see it way to often out here.

That's what I think ..I think..

I've been on skates ever since I was a kid, but I haven't started playing in beer leagues until about 2003. Cost of entry is a little high to get all the gear, but it's fun as hell once you get started. If you're interested, there's probably a spot for a sub opening up on our team for next session in the Winter.

I bet it would be fun. How easy is it to snap your ankle on the skates? I would find a way lol.