Why are we so rude online?

vw151

I started reading this an instantly thought of this place. No offense to anyone here. Just an interesting thing that I'm sure we've all noticed. People are able to be totally brash on the internet and then in person they are super nice. One of life's interesting little anomalies.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10000872396390444592404578030351784405148.html

Everyone likes to be the expert, the critic, the leader. And nobody likes it when someone comes along with better evidence proving a different point or taking the attention.

People really need to get out more. And get the fuck off of facebook. And I'll that to anyone in person!

Everyone likes to be the expert, the critic, the leader. And nobody likes it when someone comes along with better evidence proving a different point or taking the attention.

People really need to get out more. And get the fuck off of facebook. And I'll that to anyone in person!

his post count supports his argument.

In my minds eye I am actually nicer online than I am in person. however, I've had my moments. I'll admit, I was a pretty big asshole in this thread.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=24409&highlight=dviant

Truth be told this situation was some of the motivation behind me starting to do track photography myself.

you accidentally a word

I'd like to think that I'm relatively close to the same person in meatspace as I am on the tubes. If anything, the interwebs gives me the ability to be a little more articulate in calling someone a homofag than if I would have done it in person.

If you can't take the heat, quit posting sh*t online from the kitchen.

I'd think that the article doesn't really come as a shock to anyone here, but in my humble opinion, the first one to get use the "block" or "defriend" function over someone else's thoughts and opinions (no matter how wrong they are perceived to be) has the weaker mind.

Similar to here and in Facebook -- feel free to share whatever floats your boat, but given the fact that you're SHARING it means you need to accept whatever positive or negative consequences of sharing it may come your way. For example: http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=98525

If you have something negative to say, please keep it to yourself as you have no idea the hard work that goes into something like this. I can respect your opinions of how you think a female should look but this is not the place to voice it if these types of events are not your thing.

I really didn't have anything negative to say about it/her/the effort, except that particular 'stipulation' didn't sit well with me. If you want a selective audience that will be nothing but 100% supportive of your thoughts, views, accomplishments -- then don't share it publicly. Otherwise, you need to accept the risk of getting the good with the bad. And need to "be the bigger man" to deal with the people, or trolls, or naysayers that don't share your opinions.

• Upvote 1

In my minds eye I am actually nicer online than I am in person. however, I've had my moments. I'll admit, I was a pretty big asshole in this thread.

http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=24409&highlight=dviant

Truth be told this situation was some of the motivation behind me starting to do track photography myself.

site != sight

I wish we could tag flounder in this thread. I think the comment on the last page is currently the most likely to start a shit storm. :) but given time we could definitely do better.