The Official Romney Owned Obama Thread

donkason

If your company can get equivalent or better care at a lower cost for everyone,

they will drop it without hesitation.

So if a company isn't dropping health coverage for the Federal alternatives that develop,

then the federal alternatives are worthless.

Except for MedicAid and MediCare, which may or may not improve.

And may or may not improve the costs to individuals and/or society.

And were functional in the first place.

A bit of a circular argument, I'd think...

Edited by ReconRat

If your company can get equivalent or better care at a lower cost for everyone,

they will drop it without hesitation.

So if a company isn't dropping health coverage for the Federal alternatives that develop,

then the federal alternatives are worthless.

They may change carriers, but my point is that they won't be dropping their employees coverage.

They will continue to offer their employees health insurance benefits.

Rod's claim seemed to be that if obamacare goes full effect, every company will just drop their coverage and we as individuals will be forced to buy insurance from the government.

Several companies have already stated that they intend to drop coverage and pay the fine. It will be cheaper and for them and the employee is still covered on the tax payers dime. I believe McDonalds was the most recent. The problem is that as more companies drop coverage, that eats into the insurance company's bottom line and they will have raise rates, which will lead others to drop coverage. Snowball effect. Which, many believe is the intent behind this legislation. They want a complete takeover.

Several companies have already stated that they intend to drop coverage and pay the fine. It will be cheaper and for them and the employee is still covered on the tax payers dime. I believe McDonalds was the most recent. The problem is that as more companies drop coverage, that eats into the insurance company's bottom line and they will have raise rates, which will lead others to drop coverage. Snowball effect. Which, many believe is the intent behind this legislation. They want a complete takeover.

and that is a great political motivator...not necessarily the ACTUAL chain of events.

and that is a great political motivator...not necessarily the ACTUAL chain of events.

So...just to be clear.

When it comes to Romney's policies you are demanding clear documented steps, and can't seem to grasp the concept of setting an agenda then negotiating specific items with the bipartisan senate and congress :wtf:

But, with Obama's policies you are more than willing to accept unproven assumptions, that have zero bipartisan support, in hopes that things will work out for the best :confused:

So...just to be clear.

When it comes to Romney's policies you are demanding clear documented steps, and can't seem to grasp the concept of setting an agenda then negotiating specific items with the bipartisan senate and congress :wtf:

But, with Obama's policies you are more than willing to accept unproven assumptions, that have zero bipartisan support, in hopes that things will work out for the best :confused:

No, I want a clear specific plan from the guy who claims he can do things better than the guy who already rescued the american auto industry, passed healthcare reform, ended the war in iraq, and instituted finance reform.

The guy who has the job now already gave us his clear plan 4 YEARS AGO, and that plan turned around a second great depression. He has a record to run on, he has 4 years of job experience already.

If you want me to change carriers you had better give me some clear incentive other than "we think we might be able to save you some money".

otherwise I'd have switched from verizon to boost mobile already.

BTW "bipartisan" is a stupid word, not all parties are equally valid...

Edited by magley64

No, I want a clear specific plan from the guy who claims he can do things better than the guy who already rescued the american auto industry, passed healthcare reform, ended the war in iraq, and instituted finance reform.

The guy who has the job now already gave us his clear plan 4 YEARS AGO, and that plan turned around a second great depression. He has a record to run on, he has 4 years of job experience already.

If you want me to change carriers you had better give me some clear incentive other than "we think we might be able to save you some money".

otherwise I'd have switched from verizon to boost mobile already.

BTW "bipartisan" is a stupid word, not all parties are equally valid...

Wow :confused:

He bought the auto industry, made us accept a very very unpopular healthcare plan, and there are still troops in Iraq and will always be.

I believe the auto loans have all been paid back, with interest...

I opposed 1 part of the healthcare plan, but i support most of it, and as it's been implemented, it's popularity has increased...

troops in iraq isn't equal to a war in iraq...

I believe the auto loans have all been paid back, with interest...

Thats sort of deceiving. They actually borrowed the money from the government to pay the government back. It made great pro Obama headlines but all they really did was refinance. Also shortly after refinancing they announced (only in China) that GM had partnered with SAIC a company owned by the chinese government and they started construction of a new assembly plant, a powertrain plant and there are supposed to be 70 some dealerships opening, all in China.

But I'm sure none of the US tax payers money went to creating chinese jobs, I'm sure it was all spent right here. :rolleyes: Never the less, they still owe the debt to the tax payers.

He bought the auto industry

The government did not buy the auto companies; they stole them from the owners. Not one shareholder was paid anything for their shares. Then the government went about giving away shares to the unions and trying to sell the remainder to new investors. Our money they gave to the companies went to shore up money the companies owed itself and left thousands of suppliers without payment for money owed to them. When they are in trouble again what do you think will happen? It was a failing business model that should have failed but its problems were so similar to governments that the government stepped in to reset the playing field and left thousands of people without money in their retirement accounts but they weren't union members or public employees so it was okay because they picked new winners.

COME N GIT YER MITT RMONEY FLIP FLOPS!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-says-completely-wrong-47-percent-comments-050305729--abc-news-politics.html

Day1: I said it, I stand behind it.

Days 2-9: Maybe it wasn't elegantly worded... but I still stand behind it

Day 10: I was completely wrong, and I'm sorry.

Day 11: ????

374701.png

Exactly why I don't like politicians and this one is included, I don't like a lot of his political convictions and his compromising weak kneed lack of backbone to get ahead politically can’t we all just get along bipartisan bullshit. Don't get me started on the other guy.

Rod's claim seemed to be that if obamacare goes full effect, every company will just drop their coverage and we as individuals will be forced to buy insurance from the government.

That is one of the options of the plan. A company may elect to just make a payment to the employee. Sort of like the HSA I already have. Which would be no longer allowed under the new rules, from what I understand.

AND that is why Obama did so bad in the first debate, he was expecting the guy on the right to come to the debate, not the guy on the left...

version 3.5 (the guy who won the primary) not version 7.4(the guy who wants to keep all of Obamas policies, except for the ones that aren't popular)

AND that is why Obama did so bad in the first debate, he was expecting the guy on the right to come to the debate, not the guy on the left...

version 3.5 (the guy who won the primary) not version 7.4(the guy who wants to keep all of Obamas policies, except for the ones that aren't popular)

so a politician may or may not have changed his stance based on popularity :jawdropped

Thank science no other politicains have ever done such a thing and have always lived up to all their campaign promises.

well, I don't have a problem with politicians changing their stances on issues they have struggled with in the past, and I realize not every campaign promise can be honored, but at least stand for something...

What has Romney been consistent on since the first republican debate? "I'm not Barack Obama" that's been his entire campaign...and that's great, but you gotta also be someone in your own right...