Rutgers LCP or Bersa 380

cmh_sprint

LCP has a crap trigger on it, but its alot smaller than the Bersa. I have a single stack bersa in the shop and it would be alot easier to learn how to shoot than the LCP. The bersa is also metal so its a bit heavier (might soak up a bit more recoil).

Bersa! Mainly because we have one in stock with your name on it at Delta ;)

When you wanna pick it up Matt :)

I saw that and was the purpose for the post. I want to make sure I get something that will give her a chance to learn and enjoy. :)

The LCP is nice since its so small but if you try to grab and shoot in a hurry and dont have it gripped right it will bite! Learned that in my CCW class when I traded guns with my grandpa for a round. My Bersa on the other hand had a nice grip to it if you need to grab it quick and was almost impossible to hold wrong.

The LCP is nice since its so small but if you try to grab and shoot in a hurry and dont have it gripped right it will bite! Learned that in my CCW class when I traded guns with my grandpa for a round. My Bersa on the other hand had a nice grip to it if you need to grab it quick and was almost impossible to hold wrong.

This is a perfect explanation! If your trying to teach your wife as a new shooter, she will not want to do it again if she gets slide bit. A gun that is too small will be difficult to shoot with any consistency for a beginner I think. The bersa is more of a do it all gun (of the two guns). My accountant has carried a double stack thunder for years and he likes it alot.

My wife has decided a) she wants to learn how to shoot and b) she wants to get her CCW. I don't know much about either gun, as in I've never shot either one. Thoughts on which one would be better for her?

A gun to learn to shoot with and a CCW gun might be 2 different guns.

Of the 2 listed the Bersa is a better shooter, the LCP is better for CCW. Most the pocket pistols (LCP, Kel Tec, Bodygaurd) aren't particularly accurate or pleasant to shoot, but will get the job done up close.

I would get something that's good to learn on, then worry about CCW later. Bersa (380 or the .22), Walther PK380 (maybe the lowest recoil .380), Neos, Ruger .22/45, etc. are all good choices.

A gun to learn to shoot with and a CCW gun might be 2 different guns.

+1

My wife has a Keltec P3at, hates to shoot it, and developed a nasty flinch as a result. I bought a Taurus PT22 for her to re-learn with and I thinned the grips so that it is nearly as concealable at the P3. I don't want to get into the whole ".22 for self defense debate," but my reasoning is that a couple .22s in the chest would be better than a .380 in the ground at the bad guy's feet. First time we went shooting she had her flinch under control in about three mags full, and she really enjoys shooting it now. I also took my daughters to shooting with it and they took to it immediately.

So, I'd get a .22 to learn and an LCP to carry when she's ready.

Untitled_zps20560033.jpg

pt22_zpsd0e0bfdf.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I stopped by Delta Epsilon this morning and picked up the Bersa. I'll let the wife shoot it a few times if it's not her cup of tea then I got an early birthday present and I'll get her something else. Thanks Todd!!