Proof that sex sells

DTM Brian

"the new wider 140 rear tire contributes to straight-line stability in wet and dry"???

that extra centimeter of width really makes a difference when the bike is straight up and down? come on...

The bike looks great. The fact that they point out it steals styling cues from the ZX6, ZX10 and ZX14 is a surprising admission.

But all that said, I'm sure it's a great little bike, but the looks sort of over-promise.

And notably absent from that video was ANY mention of an adjustable suspension (my guess is all you get is preload adjustment for front and rear). Sex does sell, and suspension must not be sexy.

I'll spend that kind of money on a 300 twin 10 minutes after I give that girl an ass-to-mouth facial...and I get to fuck her sister after I sign the loan...sex sells, but to a perverted fuck like me you're gonna have to sweeten the pot a bit.

If she wants me to pay dealer interest her parents have to watch.

Younger sister.

And I'm gonna pee on someone before I leave the showroom.

Reminds me of a Honda civic, gay and underpowered. But there will be people putting an air filter and an exhaust on them thinking they are ferraris

I don't "get" sinking money into a cheap bike when a 650r is marginally more, but why all the hate for the 300?

It looks to be a solid package. I know someone compared it to a civic as an insult, but I think that is somewhat accurate. Cheap, reliable, and if used properly, pretty fun. I would characterize it more as a Miata.

I actually think 250's are horrible at track days. In a race, where everyone is on a 250, then they're fun as hell.

Why wouldn't you be "caught dead on one?" They're fun bikes, and still pretty quick compared to most cars. I would guess sub 6 seconds to 60 and in the high 14's for the quarter mile.

While those aren't corvette or even mustang numbers, they are comparable to many of the sports cars I wished I could afford in high school.

He'll, someone trade me a running 250 + $2000 for my track bike, and I'll bring it out to some group rides and do my best to demonstrate how capable a 250 can be.

My wife sat on one at IP Monday, she liked the way it looks and feels... She hates the look of my GSXR if that means anything (she thinks its too big... Its a 600 lol).

**Note** Hates it for her I mean...

Funny the 06-07 gixxer is the bike I would love to have. I think it looks better than the current models

Definitely a superior option to the 250R just due to the additional 50cc's, EFI, and improved styling. Not sure why they just didn't make this the new EX500? Its was in dire need of a redesign like the 250R got back in '08. There's also a new Ninja 400R that looks just like a derated 650R. Almost too many small caliber options when all that's needed in the U.S. is this 300R, a redesigned "500R", and the other classes as they are now. They have a trend in the European market for the smaller calibers since I've been told the MOT regulates bike owner's options overseas and makes the public work their way up to larger displacement bikes over periods of time, so the demand for these there is understandable.....but over here, it seems folks just want to start on a little bike before hopping onto a 600/750-up? My wife is limited on choices due to seat height issues, so this is appealing to us as a decent upgrade for her - so we may have one in the stable someday soon

Definitely a superior option to the 250R just due to the additional 50cc's, EFI, and improved styling. Not sure why they just didn't make this the new EX500? Its was in dire need of a redesign like the 250R got back in '08. There's also a new Ninja 400R that looks just like a derated 650R. Almost too many small caliber options when all that's needed in the U.S. is this 300R, a redesigned "500R", and the other classes as they are now. They have a trend in the European market for the smaller calibers since I've been told the MOT regulates bike owner's options overseas and makes the public work their way up to larger displacement bikes over periods of time, so the demand for these there is understandable.....but over here, it seems folks just want to start on a little bike before hopping onto a 600/750-up? My wife is limited on choices due to seat height issues, so this is appealing to us as a decent upgrade for her - so we may have one in the stable someday soon

That 500 needs a huge makeover for sure. Way outdated on its design.

Btw, talk the misses into a 500. That 300 IMO isn't worth the money if you already have a 250.

I actually think 250's are horrible at track days. In a race, where everyone is on a 250, then they're fun as hell.

Why wouldn't you be "caught dead on one?" They're fun bikes, and still pretty quick compared to most cars. I would guess sub 6 seconds to 60 and in the high 14's for the quarter mile.

While those aren't corvette or even mustang numbers, they are comparable to many of the sports cars I wished I could afford in high school.

He'll, someone trade me a running 250 + $2000 for my track bike, and I'll bring it out to some group rides and do my best to demonstrate how capable a 250 can be.

I test drive a few 250s when buying my gf a bike i couldn't find anything good about them other than the low cost. It may not of helped that i rode my r1 out to test drive them. I try not to drive street cars that in the 14s i perfer 13 and below