Auto battery recommendations?

smashweights

I've had pretty good luck with the Walmart store brand, and they're about the cheapest you'll find. In reality, there's only three major battery manufacturers left, so you're more or less buying one of those three no matter what the sticker says.

I've had pretty good luck with the Walmart store brand, and they're about the cheapest you'll find. In reality, there's only three major battery manufacturers left, so you're more or less buying one of those three no matter what the sticker says.

That would be flashlight batteries not automobile batteries

That would be flashlight batteries not automobile batteries

It's been a minute since I sold batteries, but as of five years ago, Exide, JCI and Interstate were the only major manufacturers. Unless you're just talking about the quality of Walmart automotive batteries.

I buy everstart max (neverstart) batteries from walmart... they are cheap, they have the amperage required to do the job, and they have a 3 year replacement guarantee...

for my needs they work great.

If you need something better, go get yourself an optima red top and be done with it.

I buy everstart max (neverstart) batteries from walmart... they are cheap, they have the amperage required to do the job, and they have a 3 year replacement guarantee...

for my needs they work great.

If you need something better, go get yourself an optima red top and be done with it.

See? I'm not the only asshole :D Seriously though - if you plan to keep the car for less than 3 years, Walmart it up. If you plan to keep it forever, Optima is a great brand. Just know that Optima batteries cannot be quick charged, so if you ever run it dry it'll take a while (a long while) to charge.

• Upvote 1

In reality, there's only three major battery manufacturers left, so you're more or less buying one of those three no matter what the sticker says.

Three manufacturers maybe. Just getting one of the three? I doubt it. The manufacturer builds the battery to the specs that the customer provides. How do you think WalMart sells them so cheap? Sure, their volume buying power plays a role, but they also can (not saying they do) specify lower quality components to go into it.

I too have had good luck with wally batteries we have one in our 07 impala(one in my grand am was 5 years when I replaced it and the one in my wifes explorer was 4yrs old when we traded it in)but when I put a new one in my Tahoe I found that a Delco battery was only $15 more at the dealer and its a 5yr replacment battery so I went that route