Well, at least he felt safe...

magley64

It's precisely the reason I don't carry a gun...

The only people murdering each other here are spouses and rarely drug deals gone bad.

I never want to see you claim to be a Ron Paul supporter and/or Libertarian ever again. You're completely full of crap.

• Upvote 2

Something similar to this happened last week no? The other one was a teacher who shot his son thinking he was trying to break into his sister's house next door.

Well, sister calls brother about a break in, teenage son found in the yard wearing ski mask and general burglar attire, so I'm guessing his son was trying to break into the house.

It's precisely the reason I don't carry a gun...

I love it when people admit they don't trust themselves to be smart or prudent, and acknowledge they'd probably kill people because of it, but don't realize they're making that admission.

Trust me Magz, we're all glad you don't carry a gun too.

• Upvote 1

I would hope the retired cop announced who he was and that he had a gun and would be willing to shoot. Doing so should have caused the kid to speak out.

Magz I hope that one day you or one of your family dont have to deal with an intruder. If so i dread hearing the outcome.

If someone in this theater had a weapon this tragedy might have been lessened.

http://www.whiotv.com/ap/ap/crime/colo-shooting-suspect-james-holmes-due-in-court/nSZnD/

Edited by Gunner75

I never want to see you claim to be a Ron Paul supporter and/or Libertarian ever again. You're completely full of crap.

I need to have a gun to support the idea of limited government, and to support a specific candidate... well if you say so:confused:

Just because you aren't smart enough to use a gun for self defense doesn't mean the rest of us aren't.

It's not a question of cognition, it's just an unnecessary risk...

I could dig a pit near my front door and fill it with punji sticks...or wrap a 100,000 volt 100 amp electric fence around my yard...it would solve a problem that I don't have, and introduce more risk into the situation than it neutralizes...

As with this case, the old timer wasn't being robbed, he just fired on and killed his own child. Great job, now your gun, instead of protecting your family from a threat that wasn't really a threat, you've killed one of your own children because of a misunderstanding.

:nono:

I need to have a gun to support the idea of limited government, and to support a specific candidate... well if you say so:confused:

Absolutely not. However, you do have to believe in my right to have a firearm if you're going to claim to be Libertarian or anything resembling one.

Absolutely not. However, you do have to believe in my right to have a firearm if you're going to claim to be Libertarian or anything resembling one.

I can support your right without supporting your choice... do you wear a helmet?

Just because you personally think wearing a helmet is a better idea than riding without one, does that mean you want helmets mandated? No.

Same thing...

You have every right to carry a gun, you have every right to ride without a helmet, you should have every right to smoke weed, shoot up meth, or eat psychedelic mushrooms if you want. I support your right to do anything at all that makes you happy as long as it doesn't effect the well being of others.

And you thought mutt no-cancer was some new mascot.

I have no clue wtf this is supposed to mean?

And I wasn't joking. Friends who have entered without stating at least one of those factors has found a laser pointer aimed at their chest ;)

Another way of putting this...

Guns turn a life or death decision into a split second decision made with very little physical effort on the part of the person holding one.

Human beings aren't all that good at split second decisions, especially when under duress or when one does not have all of the facts.

Many of you have stated that you would have no issue shooting a stranger if you felt your safety was at risk, and clearly this person felt the same way, given the course of events. However, it turned out that what he thought at the time was a stranger intending him harm, was actually a loved one, his own child.

I really feel for those of you who don't feel safe enough in your daily lives that you need the split second power to end a life strapped to your hip at every second of every day. I hope each of your individual worlds get safer, so that someday you'll have the confidence to face life without them.

I really feel for those of you who don't feel safe enough in your daily lives that you need the split second power to end a life strapped to your hip at every second of every day. I hope each of your individual worlds get safer, so that someday you'll have the confidence to face life without them.

I like you and all but seriously what the fuck fantasy world do you live in? The "Ashtabula bubble" cannot be worse than the "Brecksville bubble" simply due to the fact of all the hillbilly meth heads out that way

This world is a shitty place and its not getting better, its getting worse by way of the government empowering bad people to be bad. You can try and tear down that sentence but I don't give a shit as I know its opinion and there is no fact behind but just what I read in the news and hear about on a daily basis

I love people who have no concept of history, why it is important, or the worst case of all, think that we are too advanced to repeat it.

What does history have to do with a guy unable to identify who or what is at the end of his muzzle and opening fire? You don't need to be an history major to understand that's the wrong way to do things.

I like you and all but seriously what the fuck fantasy world do you live in? The "Ashtabula bubble" cannot be worse than the "Brecksville bubble" simply due to the fact of all the hillbilly meth heads out that way

By and large, crime is pretty rare, violent crime is even more rare...exceptions taken for station avenue, and a couple of the more densely populated areas in conneaut...

On the rare occasion you find a story of someone killed in the newspaper, 9 out of 10 times it was the spouse, and the 10th was a drug deal gone bad.

If you don't deal drugs, and you manage to keep your husband/wife from killing you you're pretty safe. You might have to fear being robbed once in a while, but they are mostly just kids stealing stuff while nobody is home...