No helmet saves lives.

Tonik

I have a very loud pipe and Still wear a helmet !

Me too, I wear a helmet and have one of the loudest systems available - and baffles out of it is just stupid loud. But honestly, what good are loud pipes when most of the dumbass drivers that aren't paying attention either have their windows up with a cel phone to their ear, or cranking an overpowered stereo system to drown out the world around them?

People can hear my bike behind them, and I've taken advantage of that occasionally. Left lane squatters tend to move over when I pipe my disapproval of their pisspoor driving habits, and those that dont get passed.

Helmet or no helmet - personal choice should be the law EVERYWHERE even though I do choose to wear one.

No different than choosing to wear seatbelts imo, the only difference is when they make it a law - they're simply looking to pad the state's income with more citation possibilities, and statisics only help them confirm it's a safety conscious decision instead of a greed driven idea.

:)

abate is full of a bunch of fuck wad Harley riders.

they propose loud pipes save lives yet helmets cause spine injuries.

Wellllllllllllll even if true I'd rather have a spine injury and be stuck riding a can am spyder the rest of my life than my brains being splattered on the road.

Loud pipes can only be heard from behind the bike. I've been listening this past summer while driving. The only thing they are good for is disturbing me from 2 or 3 miles out when I'm enjoying the quiet on my porch at night.

If you are wearing a bullshit helmet just to comply with the law. A spinal injury is no surprise. Besides I bet the spinal injury has more to do with the physics of the crash then the helmet. I'd also wager in your spinal injury accident with a helmet, would get you dead without it.

^^^

This

Spinal injury > death

Michigan is forgetting 2 important statistic, which should be very obvious. Death with helmet vs death without helmet and number of crashses with helmet vs number of crashes without helmet. Those statics mean alot more than how many riders died in said year if they think helmets are purely decorative pieces.