Anyone else on here duck hunt?

Beegreenstrings

Just wondering

We have have been putting the smack down on the river, over here.

We have red breasted mergansers coming in. It is Awesome!

So far, tally. (two of us)

19 mallards

3 mergansers

43 geese (one was banded)

17 wood ducks

and 3 teal

Been a few times but not REAL duck hunting. What part of the river?

We hunt both the Muskingum and the Licking. Depending upon wind temp and borameter for the day. Hunting Dillon sucks, every sky blaster in muskingum and licking county goes out there and truthfully I have yet to hear a single caller talk a bird down. Pathetic.

The new hole is in the back waters of rushcreek. Nasty back in there. But that is what the ducks like.

I got my kayak over the summer. For the opener we went to Coshocton and kayaked back to dresden and had a buddy stop by Conesville with lunch and to off load geese and ducks if we had any. Unfortunetly we did not get into them till we were 3 miles from Dresden. My GPS plotted 26.7 miles from start to finish.

Ducks were not all in on that trip but damn we could have limited easy on just about every Ohio species.

duck hunting here in the NE has been generally disappointing. Been to places like Mosquito Creek, Magee, Ottawa, and on the break wall on the Lake. Never been down to the river, but that sounds like its quite a bit better than anything I have had around here.