Galaxy S3 questions

max power

Got the S3 over the iPhone. Not sure it was a good idea. The battery is down to 21% already (2:30pm) and its brand new.

Question1: on my old droid, i could zoom in the site to where the words were legible and double tap the screen to make all the words fit on the zoomed in screen. How do i do that on the S3?

Question2: what are the good apps for this thing and which ones should i avoid? There are a couple of pre-loaded apps i wont open because of the permissions attached to them.

Question3: Does Verizon have any programs to exchange his thing for the iPhone if i dont like it? I heard something about 2 weeks.

how many charge cycles have you gone through?

mine took a couple to get to full life. that said, if you have the screen on a whole lot, browsing a lot and playing media etc, then you're gonna burn through any phone's battery quick. i'm with hutch, when i'm doing normal stuff, i get about 1.5 days. if i'm mostly using the phone for calls, checking and writing email briefly, and not so much for browsing, media etc, i get about 2 days.

if you want to return, i think you have like 14 days. restocking fee applies, i believe. might be like 15%

Play with your screen brightness to find one that suits you and saves power.

If it's brand new it will take some break in time.

Don't forget to close applications that you quit using. I know on my TDAmeritrade app if I don't "Exit" the app it stays up and running in the background.

You can exchange it for the iphone with a restocking fee or something like that I believe. I don't know why you would trade in your galaxy S3 for an Iphone though.

Lastly, check out videos and tutorials on youtube. You can learn some of the quick gestures and other features the phone has to offer.

My girl got her S3 a few months ago and loves it. She doesn't need to charge it through the day with heavy internet use. She has no problems or complaints with hers.

Edited by Radio Flyer

I think there is a 14 day window where you can trade it in penalty free for another phone, you would just have to pay any price difference.

90% sure but not positive

Correct. I verified this when I got my phone through Best Buy. 3 days (including the day you start the contract plan) to back out of the contract penalty free, 14 days to back out of the contract but forfeit your activation fee (40 bucks). I'd imagine the same would go for phone swaps without backing out of your contract plan.

Got the S3 over the iPhone. Not sure it was a good idea. The battery is down to 21% already (2:30pm) and its brand new.

Question1: on my old droid, i could zoom in the site to where the words were legible and double tap the screen to make all the words fit on the zoomed in screen. How do i do that on the S3?

Question2: what are the good apps for this thing and which ones should i avoid? There are a couple of pre-loaded apps i wont open because of the permissions attached to them.

Question3: Does Verizon have any programs to exchange his thing for the iPhone if i dont like it? I heard something about 2 weeks.

S3 is a nice device , had it for 3 days , then returned it , verizon will charge you 35 dollars restocking fees 14 days return policy, and you can get a different device " hint i got the iphone 5 instead " of course if you bought it from verizon.

battery on all 4g devices is going to be bad comparing to the 3g devices and even worse than none smart phones.

i went crazy and bought a double battery when i got the s3 , it was delivered a week after i returned the phone , if you are going to be stuck with the s3 i would say get one . don't buy it if you are not sure if you are going to keep it or not, they are around 20 dollars on ebay , would love to sell you mine too .

good luck with the phone , i am just an iPhone fan.

^ might do that. Ill let you know. I have been on it a lot, but i always am.

Oh and zooming should be the same. I double tap to zoom to fit words to the screen. Maybe something in your settings is off?

Ive been all through the settings. Do you know of a setting for that? Its driving me crazy. If i double tap, it goes back to normal tiny size.

Edited by max power