Bike- wrenching/maintenance/miss being at the track- fest - NEoh edition

jbot

plans as of Jan 23rd 2013

DATE: Jan 26th 2013

location: my house in concord township, ohio (it's near reider's market by 90 and 44 if you need something to look up... i'll PM my address to confirmed participants at least 2 days prior to event)

time: Come sometime after 12pm noon. I wake up late. i am NOT a morning person.

room & board: i have lots of room. bring blankets and pillows though just in case. It is not a requirement to sleep over, but you are very welcome to.

drink: bring your own alcohol. i dont drink that often so i am not well stocked. or bring money to pitch in for alcohol.

food: if we're busy with a LOT of wrenching, we'll do pizza party. if we have time, we'll hit up local panini's or elsewhere. just bring cash.

tools: if you're doing work on your bike, bring your tools in case someone else doesnt have that special tool you need to get that wheel off or whatever.

CAVEAT: I have a dog, so if you're terrified of dogs or have some other issue with dogs, don't come. i like and value his life over yours and/or any of your children, I promise.

Confirmed Participants list if you're not on here, you need to post up to let me know you're coming. if you don't have my address from facebook invite or by PM yet, you need to PM me asap

closer to actual day of tentative list:

rhill

jbot (I fucking live there)

madcat (only until 7-8pm if at all because he loves jesus more than us)

craigypoo and probably wife and kid

trmn8tr and maybe his gf

rvtpilates

r1ballhummer

imprez and his amazeballs propane heater

marty and his lusty pervert hands

J_copeland

isaac's papa

Mikey (and jen? dunno)

ORIGINAL POST:

This thread is to plan and execute this little get together.

The plan: pick a location, date/time to hold said shindig.

The agenda: drink, wrench on bikes, do maintenance, maybe set sag make other adjustments to suspension if the right people show up, feast on meats, drink, and other unspeakable things that will be explicitly detailed via video/photos/pages and pages of homoerotic recountings.

so, come forth with your thoughts on dates, times, age, sex, location

Someone down in cbus can make a thread for that event. Supposedly held at a later time to facilitate participation from both regions, but I personally don't care either way.

Edited by jbot
updated with stuff

a/s/l? 22/m/Cle

I am definitely in for this. I might be getting laid off late December or early January so I would have a lot of time then as well. Until then I would have to restructure a whole week so I would need to know ahead of time. Weekends would be best after like 12-1pm. Location seems good to me too. I have electrical wiring, steering damper and suspension to set on my track bike that I could bring. Hopefully the duc will be done by then unless it gives me any more headaches… If nobody wants to bring their grill I can just buy one of the $10 wally world ones where you get that free bag of charcoal (if they do those specials in the winter).

Yeah, I want to make this too. Nov is out, and Dec, with holidays, it'd have to be middle Dec. and very limited just being so busy. But I do have several open weekends so Dec and on can work.

I know we want to throw on in Cbus in late winter too, Cox lives 5 mins from me, Murse is close, etc. I will post on that AFTER this one is over.

Dang this brings back memories of the car days, we had monthly mod meets, wow.

Is the idea to work on shit or maybe do something like talk about planning, setting up, etc as related to track bikes or racing?

This....

Brian you got it all wrong, it's for Jinu to repay us in sexual favors.

....and this.

Is the idea to work on shit or maybe do something like talk about planning, setting up, etc as related to track bikes or racing?

this thread is to plan a get together.

the get together is when we'll be doing any wrenching, repairing, setting sag, messing with suspension (if anyone that knows how to do it is in attendance, that is) or just generally anything people want to do. I'm sure there will be quite a bit of track days/racing talk, like passing, "how do you take this corner" or what have you. if nobody brings their bikes, that's fine too... we can just bullshit, drink, eat, party, "accidentally" bury a prostitute, etc.

this came up because a few of us were talking about getting together a couple times during the offseason to help break up the long winter. very informal, just anyone who wants to come hang out are welcome. and if anyone wants to bring their bike and get some help wrenching on it, even better. i know i have some stuff i want to do (like improve my safety wiring skills lololol) and maybe fix r1gaybait's terrible race plastics mounting job.

But Jbot doesn't wrench? He trades sexual favors to Pauly for wrenching

i wrench when i have to, or when it costs me more than my time is worth... which, nowadays, is even less than before.

We know. You should have seen how exhausted he was trying to pay everyone back at Nelsons when his bike just quit running. He had a dozen guys helping him work on it.

i'm just adding that incident to a long list of "things that went wrong because of r1gaylord's negligence and malicious mishandling of the kawasucky before i took possession of it"

wait for it

i'm putting on my paddington panda trench coat for the flood of tears that is sure to come forth from r1gapeapotamus

Haha, this thread has Win written all over it. Mid December is probably best; however, I work every other weekend and I know the weekend of Dec. 15th I am working. You may all use that to your advantage to include or exclude me from the get togethers, haha.

Well, plan and execute.

Mid summer the hawk developed a slow anti-matter leak...

Right after I had the carbs re-jetted.

So, the plan is to find the leak, kick its ass and be happy all next summer.

Is it going to be that easy? Probably not. Unless I drop the bike to Hoblick. Because I am still fussing over the VTX rebuild at this time.

so does anyone have any alternate location suggestions or any other date suggestions? otherwise, i'm just going to arbitrarily pick a date (and say it's going to be at my place which isn't exactly central) for now otherwise. please keep in mind that we can change location/date to whatever, i'm just picking something for the sake of moving this along. everyone should feel free to suggest improvements/better locations/better dates