Bike- wrenching/maintenance/miss being at the track- fest - NEoh edition

jbot

• 2 weeks later...

quick update question since we put off worrying about it before: we're currently planning on doing this the weekend of the bike show at the IX center.

1. does anyone want to go to the bike show?

2. does anyone want to go to the after party?

i ask because both those things will cut into wrenching/hang out time, but i'm also ok with doing both things too if nobody actually cares and really just wants to hang out.

personally, i have a couple things I need to do to the bike, but i can do those things any time (ie, probably put it off until 2 days before first race weekend lol)

give me your thoughts

I'd be up for bike show Jan 25/26, and hanging out.

I may bring the XR to get some wrenching done, and I may have it already taken apart in my own garage by then...

It's so simple to work on, I don't anticipate needing THAT much help, but then again, I guess I could just bring the engine and have someone show me how to properly check valve clearance. I don't own feeler gauges, so hopefully someone else does!

I plan on showing up for whatever. I wouldn't mind seeing the show, but really don't care either way.

Did we ever say if wives/gfs are coming? Guessing not so we can slumber party all in one bed, but I was considering coming up Friday to see some friends of ours too. I could just give her my truck and have her leave me at your place, except I have a feeling she wouldn't come back to get me.

significant others are a-ok. some of you have kids, and they're fine too as long as they are watched after.

I was going to make a kids joke, but then figured in light of the late, too soon.

Cool, just wanted to see about the wife. Granted she will most likely just want to go shopping or something, at least I can offer. She does a good job at fetching me beers though, just don't make me no sammichs yet.

It's so simple to work on, I don't anticipate needing THAT much help, but then again, I guess I could just bring the engine and have someone show me how to properly check valve clearance. I don't own feeler gauges, so hopefully someone else does!

I have feeler guages, and I've checked valve clearances on quite a few atv's over the years. If the XR100 is similar to any of the Honda ATV's I've had from the 90's/early 2000's, basically line it up at TDC, adjust the rocker arm to set proper clearance, and done. Pretty simple.

Much easier than the bucket/shim setup like my z400 has.

I might be down anyone thats going to be there have any carb know how? I have a 89 kat 750 that has something bugging it and im a bike newbie. I could trailer it up.

I don't really know jack about carbs, I take them apart clean them, and put them back together the way they were, and that is all.

• 2 weeks later...