Ruff Ryder multi-crash - I95 Florida

ReconRat

A tribute ride for a member who died in an auto accident. About 150 on a freeway near Jacksonville. 15 crashed, maybe 6 injured. Apparently merging auto traffic coming onto the freeway tangled with the group. That freeway through Jacksonville is nuts.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Witness-15-motorcycles-crash-on-I-95/-/475880/17356602/-/rh339v/-/index.html

The freeway through Jacksonville is difficult even in a car or truck. A crazy layout with a lot of turns, dips and rises with entrances and exits that force a sudden merge or lane change in traffic. It's tricky and a convoy would have to break up while going through in order to survive traffic.

I was forced over enough times that I was hesitant to drive next to a vehicle in the other lane. I wanted to be able to move quickly over. Either direction, since I seem to remember some traffic merging from the left as well. But I did try to stick to the left lane through Jacksonville. There were a lot of surprises on that road, and needed to react quickly.

People that live in Florida learn to fear I-95 in order to survive. There are lots of massive multiple vehicle accidents along that one stretch of freeway.

I was down there in July for a week. There was alot of road construction going on at that time. I don't know if that had anything to do with this wreck or not, but if you've driven there in the construction traffic you'll understand how messed up it is.

It's because old blue haired snow birds are awesome at screwing up traffic. Then you throw in a crappy highway setup with 150 people on sportbikes its just asking for trouble. Especially when a lot of the riders in that group think that a group ride is the time to practice stunting.

There's plenty of videos on the web of Ruff Ryders riding like idiots. I bet that was a deciding factor.

$20 says 12 of the 15 bikes where on 1 wheel at the time... The news story tried to make you feel sorry for the bikers, well I sure as hell don't considering the kind of stupid shit that the rough riders do, although I must admit I do enjoy some of their videos...