GiPro Gear Indicator Issue

ScubaCinci

Weird issue this morning...the gear indicator was working when I first started out but at some point, it stopped counting the gears and only shows 1 or 0 (if in neutral). :mad: I tried turning the bike off and on but it didn't help. Disconnected it and did the "reset" as described in the manual but same result. Anyone run across this before? Their site offers no other insight as to how to remedy it.

Edited by ScubaCinci

i honestly cant even say ive personally seen a bike with a gear indicator.. do you have a manual for your bike? if not im sure you can find one all over the net.

There are a lot of bikes with gear indicators built in, especially touring bikes. My FJR did. The one I am referring to is not built in but an add-on.

http://www.healtech-electronics.com/

They make one for your bike BTW.

I emailed their customer service/tech support a few times and we weren't able to fix the issues so they told me to send it back and they'll send a new one. They seem to have decent customer service. The sucky part is I was all anal about routing the cable nice with zip ties etc under a bunch of parts. So taking it off will be a pain and then I have to re-install. I don't think I'll be as anal this time around :/

As an update, I pulled the indicator from the bike and shipped it back to them on Friday. I emailed the rep back and sent him an image of the USPS shipping receipt and let him know it was on it's way (it's going to Hungary). He thanked me and said they would ship me a new one on Monday which is cool since they definitely won't get my return until late next week. Overall, pretty good customer service. Not sure why it quit working right but at least they stand behind their product.