Ohio Power Lands Ride

JohnG

Well, I tried to hook up with some other folks on here, but because of my church commitments I didn't leave New Albany until 1:30 this afternoon. Decided to steal a few legs off a ride that Blitz posted up

http://rideplanner.harley-davidson.c...r/share/512376

Thought that I might catch the group if I rode straight out 161/16 to 60 and headed south from there. It never happened, but I had a hell of a good ride anyway. 60 was ok. Picked up 208 in Dresden and almost immediately got behind about 20 harley's. Bunch of Geezer-glides and a couple trikes. The last bagger in the procession (the one immediately in front of me) kept riding his brakes and it was getting pretty annoying. Amazingly enough, I had an opening where I could pass them all in one shot and safely. The Viffer was howling by the time I passed the lead bike. I never saw them again.

East on 93 out of Adamsvile - pretty tame road here - until I hit 83 and hung a ralph. 83 was Awesome. Especially after passing under 70 and heading further south. Definitely a good road for two up, have to take the wifey out there next year.

Picked up 78 and headed west to McConnellsville. Looked like a few sport bikes at the Blue Bell but I wasn't interested in stopping to see who it was. It was already 3:30 and I was beginning to regret not bringing the liner for the jacket. Gassed up and headed out 669.

669 was the worst condition of any of the ride. Gravel scattered in turns, grass and leaves being blown onto the road by homeowners, and more than a few dead squirrels in the road - and always it seemed at the lead into a turn.

By the time I hit 13 I was beginning to shiver and hit the slab for home. Hope we get more riding days soon! This was a great day!

It was nearly 15 degrees difference between Newark and Columbus this morning. I intended to ride to work this morning but it was colder than I expected. When I got to work, I wished I had ridden. I ended up taking the car.

On the way home, I saw a lot of bikes buzzing along and couldn't help but wonder which of you could have been one of them. As soon as I got home I jumped on my bike and took a ride. It felt good.

Yesterday, I did the same thing. I ended up going down to Somerset and west on Rt 22 into Lancaster, then north on Rt 37 heading back home. Today, it was a cruise up Rt 79, west on a side road (Blacksnake Rd), then south on Martinsburg Rd. and back to Newark.

I don't know how I'm going to stand not riding when the snow is on the ground. What's the cure? Move to Florida?