2013 Honda

ReconRat

BMW has some changes coming, but word is they will introduce a retro BMW at the EICMA show.

BMW Reveals Plans for New Retro-Style Motorcycle

Spied! – Lo Rider Concept

Is BMW building a power-cruiser, techno-bobber or neo-retro roadster?

OB-VI592_bmw_E_20121113155129.jpg

http://s.wsj.net/public/resources/images/OB-VI592_bmw_E_20121113155129.jpg

BMW-Lo-Rider-02-M.jpg

http://www.cycleworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/BMW-Lo-Rider-02-M.jpg

edit: found what looks like might be it on stage at EICMA 2012

ehh, maybe not. They don't want to show it yet.

That's a new model R1200R on the right.

photo-1.jpg

http://cmgonline.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/photo-1.jpg

Edited by ReconRat

I like the 500 bikes. Size is nice and so is the price.

However I wont be trading in my DL650. The CB500X would not really be considered and adventure bike. Maybe "Adventure Styling". Only a little lighter than the DL650 with less suspension and a 17" front. That and you give up about 15hp.

Ofcourse if you are comparing new the CB500 line comes in considerably cheaper. That should help sales alot.

Some great entry/budget bikes introduced this year. Ninja 300 and now the the CB500 range. Im actually surprised to see all of the CB500 bikes are due to be released in the US. Still not sure I believe the news.

Craig

Given the history of Honda, I'd expect the 500s to grow to 550s and 600s in a few years. But maybe only if the cbr600 also grows some displacement.

I'm drooling over the retro BMW. I hope it's not an anemic low HP or heavy steed.

The CBR 500 makes sense for Honda, but only because they don't make a 650 twin.

I have heard rumblings (may be confirmed by now) that the 250R will be 300cc in the near future to keep up with the baby ninja.

The 500 seems like a really small step in between.

that said, maybe Honda perceives a market that the EX500 vacated? The EX was about 450 lbs wet, and 52hp on its best day. The Honda 500 is listed at 425 lbs (still seems heavier than necessary...), and 47hp. With room for tuning, 60hp wouldn't be out of the question.

if they could get the weight down to 350 or so, it would be a hell of a ride, even if it only had 50hp. I'd at least want to test ride one.

Had a 75 CB500T way back in the day, 43 hp @ 425 lbs. Things aint' changed much in 37 years.

i am still liking the new crf250l, $4499.

cbr250's engine, retuned for more power down low.

yes, it's a tad heavy compared to Yamaha's 250, but it's also $2 grand less and looks like it could be a fun little commuter bike:

2013-Honda-CRF250L.jpg

:nono:

i am still liking the new crf250l, $4499.

cbr250's engine, retuned for more power down low.

yes, it's a tad heavy compared to Yamaha's 250, but it's also $2 grand less and looks like it could be a fun little commuter bike:

2013-Honda-CRF250L.jpg

From everything I hear, the WR eats it alive in almost every category except price.

• 6 months later...